Gregory Pennington DMP / Think Banking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me. I have several issues that i want to raise regarding think banking and gregory pennington and hope that someone can help.

Firstly i took out a DMP with Gregory Pennington nearly 3 years ago. i provided my income / outgoings and explained that i was struggling to live and pay rent due to my high levels of debt. I looked over everything and even though i knew there would be a fee attached, decided it was worth the money as long as my debts got cleared....this is where things started to go horribly wrong!

Firstly i was informed by Gregory Pennington that i would 'NEED' to set up a bank account with Think Banking.

Since i was paying large overdraft fees each month the £12.50 monthly admin fee seemed a drop in the ocean in comparison, and so i agreed.

I realise now that there is no need for me to ever 'pay' for a bank account and i feel like i was forced into taking this account

and want to know if i can do anything about it in the same way people claim for mis sold PPI?

These two companies claim to be seperate and yet with the mounting issues i am having with both of them

they seem to be almost intertwined and i wanted to know if you had any further information about them?

Also when i signed up for this account think proudly announce that they are part of the RBS group.

I have found out today following the massive RBS banking issue on moneysavingexpert that this company is not part of RBS at all

and merly uses there banking system and i am wondering if this is then fraud?

I have several complaints that i wish to lay out to you but if i can start here any advice would /

info would be greatly appreciated as looking over these forums you guys seem to have quite a bit of experience of dealing with people tied in with these con artists

Firstly i took out a dmp with Gregory Pennington nearly 3 years ago. i provided my income / outgoings and explained that i was struggling to live and pay rent due to my high levels of debt. I looked over everything and even though i knew there would be a fee attached, decided it was worth the money as long as my debts got cleared....this is where things started to go horribly wrong!

I expect things went wrong right from the start

Ditch gregory pinnington they will be getting fees and will be happy for interest to rise on each account try CCCS or you can do it yourself with the help of CAG

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I am seriously considering that as well if i am honest, i have found out recently that my overall debt has actually increased in the 3 years i have been paying! effectively i am paying GP for doing nothing!

I just didnt know if GP were also pulling a fast one or if these 2 companies are in cahoots or linked before i lay my case out against one for both sets of issues or effectively attack both companies seperately

in my silly days i was with G.P and balances all went up and up

since doing so myself have accounts in better shape and interest reclaimed on one and account settled!!

check your credit file

others who know more will be along

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Ok thanks.

i was in the process of switching away from think as well..

..unfortunately i dropped another clanger and got the account with natwest..

.so my plan to move away at the end of this month has somewhat gone up in smoke!

if i wasnt so annoyed id probably have to laugh at the whole sorry mess!

I get the impression the Think accounts are a pre requisite to the GP DMP.

Thats why i wanted to ask someone if that is allowed as well.

Checking various sources they claim to be seperate, and i am in contact with the head of think PR today on this very issue,

but if having a think account is a must to have the DMP then thats got to be something like miss sold PPI hasnt it?

And also its like adding an extra fee, as i dare say G.P get some kind of fee for customers they send to think,

and looking over other threads people struggle when trying to set up payments with G.P if its not through think as well.

It all stinks to high heaven the more i look at it!

Sorry i probably sound like some kind of conspiricy theorist at the minute!

dump them!!

and get reclaiming PENALTY charges on all the

debts you have.

list them here

we'll help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me. I have several issues that i want to raise regarding think banking and gregory pennington and hope that someone can help.

Firstly i took out a DMP with Gregory Pennington nearly 3 years ago. i provided my income / outgoings and explained that i was struggling to live and pay rent due to my high levels of debt. I looked over everything and even though i knew there would be a fee attached, decided it was worth the money as long as my debts got cleared....this is where things started to go horribly wrong!

Firstly i was informed by Gregory Pennington that i would 'NEED' to set up a bank account with Think Banking.

Since i was paying large overdraft fees each month the £12.50 monthly admin fee seemed a drop in the ocean in comparison, and so i agreed.

I realise now that there is no need for me to ever 'pay' for a bank account and i feel like i was forced into taking this account

and want to know if i can do anything about it in the same way people claim for mis sold PPI?

These two companies claim to be seperate and yet with the mounting issues i am having with both of them

they seem to be almost intertwined and i wanted to know if you had any further information about them?

Also when i signed up for this account think proudly announce that they are part of the RBS group.

I have found out today following the massive RBS banking issue on moneysavingexpert that this company is not part of RBS at all

and merly uses there banking system and i am wondering if this is then fraud?

I have several complaints that i wish to lay out to you but if i can start here any advice would /

info would be greatly appreciated as looking over these forums you guys seem to have quite a bit of experience of dealing with people tied in with these con artists

Hi

Following on from what others have put.....

Have all your options been properly advised and explained?

Could you put up details of your circumstances (Statement of Means)

Have a look through the useful links below

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/

Hi connedbygpthink

Whilst GP might claim to be unconnected from the Think Group, they do share the same address.

PENNINGTON HOUSE, CAROLINA WAY, SOUTH LANGWORTHY ROAD, SALFORD QUAYS

Best advice is to move away from GP, contact either National Debtline or CCCS to help administer your DMP, then set up a new basic bank account with a bank that you don't owe any money to.

Most important thing to remember is, irrespective of which bank you approach, make sure you ask for the correct basic bank account by its actual product name for that particular bank, to save any confusion from the banks basic 'current account', application for which would generate a credit check and probable subsequent rejection.

Perhaps I can point out that our dear friends, Robinson Way, are in "London Scottish House, Quays Reach", which is also in Carolina Way, Salford.

A case of all the [bad] eggs in one basket, maybe?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!