SweetRevenge v RBOS **WON** CONTRACTUAL INTEREST!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Lively I had no idea. Should I take it off my internet toolbar to stop the kids using it?

I would. We remove all links like that as they can contain spyware.

can you edit your post please and remove the link.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done, and thanks for the tip. Not only a giant amongst bank charge reclaimers, but a bit of a secret techie too? Is there no end to your talents? by the way, the real "interesting" bit will come when I start reclaiming 94 to 2000 - that's when they really whacked me every month!! - so I'm keeping an eye on your thread - GOOD LUCK.

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

Thanks Fullyskinted, I'm not about to disappear, there's a claim to go in for me for the six years to 2000, and then we'll start on my boyfriends claims.

This is the letter I'm going to post back - we'll see if they take this on the chin and still pay up!!.

"I refer to your letter of 14 December and I am pleased to accept your offer of £607 to settle my complaint against the Royal Bank of Scotland. However, I am disappointed that you should include conditions in your offer as I remain within my legal rights to reclaim any and all unlawful penalties which may be levied against my accounts with yourselves or elsewhere.

Should you continue to act in this unlawful manner, I reserve my right to commence further action against RBS. If you then decide that you have to reconsider offering me the ‘flexibility’ I enjoy with my current banking facilities, I shall have to decide whether to continue to bank with you, or vote with my feet and find a financial institution which has learned from its experience of paying out on such claims as mine and decided to operate their charging system within the current applicable law and the rulings of the OFT."

HE HE HE :D :D

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

Fine, Sweetie, but you really don't need anything after '...commence further action against RBS.' (change commence to 'take').

The rest makes you feel good but is, I fear, irrelevant. Don't let them have anything to hold against you in the future: you're simply saying you're not prepared to surrender legal rights. That will do fine.

Anyway - look at teh BAnk Action Group main thread and you'll see that there's NO bank that's behaving itself. Yet. So, on the logic of your argument, you will take your business....nowhere!;)

Anyway, I hope you have a parachute a/c in place!

Best

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Oh ok Westy, thanks for the advice. You're quite right, just felt like high horsing it for a moment there. We'll see if the threats materialise - and yes my parachute account is open and operating fine!!

I'll redraft and post tomorrow. Have to tear the other one up I was so eager to flick some noses! :D

Thanks Zoot, that means a lot. I'll do the survey - Happy xmas!

Thanks Bookie and Bill, it's a great feeling - gives me lots of confidence to start on the rest!

By the way Bill, did you really offer me a banana?

Was I by any chance pickled cos I can't remember? :D

Sorry to but in on your thread - could anyone help me out on how to find the APR so I can do contractual interest purleease - or could I just go with a minimum figure of 15% which would do me nicely anyway?

Sorry to but in on your thread - could anyone help me out on how to find the APR so I can do contractual interest purleease - or could I just go with a minimum figure of 15% which would do me nicely anyway?

SL56 - you should be able to find the APR from their website. You might have to delve past the home page, but it's usually in there somewhere. Or you can ring them.

In addition to bill's advice, if you can dig a 'charges and rates of interest' leaflet out of your old paperwork, this should give you some clues. I just used the most recent one I'd been sent.

Bill - what about that banana? lol

• Haha 1

Saucy ape!

:D

Ok bit shamefaced to admit i ain't had my wonga yet :???: Have I slipped up, or is it just xmas getting in the way? WhatdoIdonow?

HELP please, I'm so depressed!!!

Thanks zoot, was just umming and erring about the best way of doing this (and how p***ed off to sound) when I checked my balance - and WEYHEY its there. DONATION TO THE SITE NOW INCOMING!!!

Thanks to all for support received, wouldn't have had the courage otherwise. :D :D :p:D :D

Cheers Bill - bananas all round!

Isn't that yoooooooooo at Chester Zooooooooooooo?

LOL Sweetie x

Hi,

Ive been a valued customer of RBS ha ha ha ! for more than 20 years.

We are now going for a refund of £7k plus intrest.

Ive been fighting them and others in the so called industry for most of that time. They are all the same, lend you an umbrella and take it back as soon as it starts raining.

I thought I was alone more or less, until my wife found Martin Lewis' web site which lead to this one, which is excellent.

The banks in this country have it easy with huge profits to be made out of the ordinary customer, rather than backing small business and other " high risk" ventures. Worse still we have all got to use them in one way or another.

We have sent the LBA and will post an update soon.

In the meantime I'am looking at ways to find the addresses of CEO's and Directors to send copies of letters to their homes. They can then get a

taste of what we their customers have to put up with.I think this tactic

might work well with other scams and rip offs also. Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Pavi, hello and thanks for your post. I have every sympathy with your annoyance, indeed rage, against this daylight [EDIT]. Any way i can help please just let me know.

However I would advise caution against personally targetting individuals connected with the banks or other financial institutions - the law/courts/police take a very dim view of this sort of approach. Most people seem to get the desired results with a polite professional approach, and persistence alone.

Best of luck with your claim

• Haha 1

Pavi WELCOME TO THE SITE

I too feel your frustration and anger

(dont sink to their level) and i agree with sweetrevenge

Ive claimed back 5.6k and just discovered contractual interest (CHARGE THEM 29.9APR or appropriate.... check it out... for lending your money) for the rest of my claims

BE PATIENT AND ENJOY....

... and then theres early redemption penalties on mortgages (they even call them penalties....)

And for those that dont know

MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

is cool too

Rgds

Innocent :D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for butting into your thread, I have over £7k of charges with RBS spanning 5 years (can only go back 5yrs in Scotland) and i've been told on a different forum that i'm not allowed to claim interest until the claim reaches court, ie if they don't respond to my LBA which is signed & ready to go on mon morning. (i'm hoping that's not a scottish thing also, if anyone knows can you let me know?) I was annoyed at this as this meant they could just settle, dump the money in my account (overdraft would swallow it!) and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The other forum is offline now (don't know why or if they're coming back) so that's why I found this one. Could I be really cheeky & adapt the letter you used to my needs, I think it's brilliant especially since it did the trick!

Congratulations on your win btw :D

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.