SPML Mortgage PPI Interest-Unsure what to claim because of the misselling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i reallly need some help.

I took out a secured loan many years ago 2003 i ahve been mis sold PPI was £2460 which was added to the loan.

Only problem is the PPI i was missold i was told that it ran for the duration of the loan,when in fact i found out that it only lasted 18 months.

How do i work out the interst owed to me.

The loan £14,760

Cash advance of £12,000

PPI £2460

Intro fee £300

APR of 14.3% over 180 months at £186.75

I am still paying the loan,my problem is where do i start to claim the PPI interest do i do it for 18 months or the duration of the loan or what.

I will be using the claim money i get back to take SPML to court

And help would be great cheers

total cash price of PPI / total cash price of loan X 100 = xx%

then workout what xx% of your PCM was - that will be the PCM PPI element.

then fill out the FOS CQ

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

an SOC:

This first spreadsheet is the latest version of the statutory interestlink3.gif calculator and is used for Single Premium PPIlink3.gif cases. It can also be used where rollover PPI is involved, i.e. a new loan re-financing a previous one and where PPI is included in one or more loans.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

and a coverign letter

fire the lot off to SPML

if you type in SPML in our search top right

there are many threads to follow.

pull our string if you need help

there is also a red tab on the SOC, read there too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All the information needed is on CAG :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The Evil at SPML forwarded me on to a broker after my first letter of complaint so im going direct to the broker.

As i say its all going on taking the Evil to court.

DX i have that excel sheet and i cant for the life of me work out where i am going wrong, with regards to other things i know where i am going i know what im saying i kinow what i need to fill in everything is ready i just need to know how much interest to add on to my claim.

I cant for the life of me work it out

2460 / 14760 x 100 = 16.67%.

16.67% of each repayment you made was for PPI.

£186.75 x 16.67% = £31.13.

In the spreadsheet list the payments of £31.13 giving the date, the description (i.e. "PPI Payment") and the amount £31.13.

The spreadsheet will do the rest for you.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

So i am to list every month i have paid the £33.13 ,will the spread sheet do the rest??

Also even though the PPI only lasted 18 months do i still use the amount of time of the loan??

Im still confused

You list £33.13 for every payment of the mortgage you have actually made.

They loaned you the money over the entire period of the loan.

The spreadsheet will work out the 8% for you

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

You enter the payments you have actually paid to date...nothing more.

The "claim to" date should set to today's date.

The spreadsheet tells you in the green box what you have paid and the 8% on top. That is what you will get refunded to you.

The remainder of the loan should be restructured to remove the remaining PPI which as yet has not been paid.

• Confused 1

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Yep spml!!

go read the other threads

DON'T jump in blind....

type spml into our search top right

dx

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have already complained to Asccenden and they said i must speak to Broker who brokered the loan,i never got any insurance documents through or anything.

Havent even started on them jokers they are just a debt collection company.

So back to these jokers then or the Broker ???

who are a dca?

dx

and they

who are a dca?

dx

Sorry just my term for stating that LMC/SPML/Capstone/Ascenden are not exactly lending nor exactly conform to lending principles,IMO they are just a debt colelction comapny making sure there loan book is kept up to date.

Im reading the threads and there are a lot of them, im going to write a letter stating the Ombudsman says it is you i chase for PPI etc etc and ill just take you to court.

Can i bypass the ombudsman and just take them to court???

Right quick question now that i have everythign ready to go.

The FOS i have no faith in, i have tried to get them to look at these sharks and my account for years.

I wrote a letter of complaint a year ago asking for PPI back and was told to see the broker,now i know that they have lied to me with saying see the broker, can i just send them a letter saying 14 days or taking you to court or do i have to go to the FOS,who in turn will just tell me they changed comapnies and not liable.

Cheers

Also does someone have the the correct link saying from the FOS saying Broker is not liable but the mortagge company is???

if you've only ever just sent a letter.

IMHO i would start again

send them the FOS CQ

your SOC

and

a covering letter.

dx

and they

A similar thing with SPML happened to me. I took them court in 2008 and they put a barrister on it. The judge said they had changed companies and therefore I had made the claim to the wrong company. It was originally London Mortgage Company in conjuction with Matlock bath the broker Ocean Finance. It was then bought out by SPML who said they were not repsonible for the ppi so would not pay it. The judge said I could go back and reclaim but it could cost me a lot of money if I lost, basically he was trying to put me off.

I am hoping to reopen the case through the FOS but think I may well get the same answer as you that because it was sold on to SPML they are not responsible! I havent got a clue if its LMC or SPML to get the money back from.

A similar thing with SPML happened to me. I took them court in 2008 and they put a barrister on it. The judge said they had changed companies and therefore I had made the claim to the wrong company. It was originally London Mortgage Company in conjuction with Matlock bath the broker Ocean Finance. It was then bought out by SPML who said they were not repsonible for the ppi so would not pay it. The judge said I could go back and reclaim but it could cost me a lot of money if I lost, basically he was trying to put me off.

I am hoping to reopen the case through the FOS but think I may well get the same answer as you that because it was sold on to SPML they are not responsible! I havent got a clue if its LMC or SPML to get the money back from.

Yeah i read your thread,thats why i mentioned it in my post. Maybe we shoudl sell our loans for a £1 and then say sorry we sold the loan on we are not liable.

Is there any cases that a main company has been found guilty over its subsiduary company,everyone knows how these people operate.

But its getting to a point now where a collective force needs to bring these jokers to account.

Has anybody here actually succefully claimed thousands back in charges or got their PPI back??

I got my money back from a main stream credit card lender but I think these monkeys, all linked to Lehmans, you dont stand a chance. Ive read the FOS is linked to the banks anyway. When you look at what Barclays are getting away with you realise its people like us who take the loans and mortgages with these type of companies who end up paying every time.