SpeedCredit/AMS/NDR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically, took out an original loan of £100 *SpeedCredit*, with interest it got to £196, then it got passed to NDR and the total skyrocketed to £561 [which also doesnt add up with the figures they've put in the letter]

We rung them [but I didn't record the call] and agreed that the debt would be cleared if we paid £200 by 26-06-2012, but a week later we got a letter from AMS saying that we've made no effort to make payments, or an 'acceptable arrangement for repayment'.

AMS have also said that unless the amount is paid in FULL by the 26th they will issue County Court Proceedings against us.

I've noted some advice about only paying the loan amount plus one month interest, which seems fair, but as I havent seen anything on court proceedings it's starting to worry me.

Should I take it more seriously because it's from a solicitor, or should I treat it the same as any other DCA's?

Any help or advice you could give me would be hugely appreciated.

Letter7

Now, apparently my file/debt has been legally passed over to Marshall Hoares Bailiff.

This is an exact copy of the email recieved earlier today;

BY LETTER AND EMAIL

Reference: BAILIFF/INTR/12759148

Client: Speed Credit - Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*

Client Ref: 12759148

Date: 25/06/2012

Dear Mallinson,

We are writing to give you formal notice that Speed Credit has legally assigned the rights of the above debt to Marshall Hoares Bailiffs. This means that Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited now legally own this debt.

Our records show that you have failed to make payments / not come to an acceptable payment arrangement/ not responded to correspondences / when agents have visited your addresses you have not answered.

We intend to pursue you fully for all outstanding sums including any fees we incur collecting this debt. Payment of 561 must be received in full no later than 13:00 SEV EN days from 25/06/2012

TAKE NOTICE: You should accept this letter as formal notification that unless payment is received within 7 days then your account will be considered for the following:

Consequences of inaction:

1. Court Judgement legal action will be automatically started in the County Court for recovery of the full amount outstanding. Any such proceedings will include additional claims for legal costs and interest which will increase the amount you will be required to pay.

2. Warrant of execution will be applied for to enable us to seize goods at your addresses and or an attachment of your earnings.

3. Register of Judgements the judgement will be entered in a public register, the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines Credit Reference Agencies, who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on you financial reputation. This will make it very di fficult for you to get credit.

4. Credit reference Speed Credit have already advised the Credit Reference Agencies of your Default. This may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future. Once the balance is paid in full, only then will the default be shown as "Default Satisfied".

Yours Faithfully

Marshall Hoares

Bailiffs & Enforcement Agents

Same company. And they're misreprensenting themselves. Theyre a DCA in this case. Not bailiffs. They are also not allowed to demand payment like that. Put in a full complaint to the OFT.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

An earlier later from NDR;

12/06/2012

We have been passed your file by our client Speed Credit t/a Speed Credit Day Loan*. You took a loan with them on 30.04.2012. They have made numerous attempts to contact you [I guess a couple of texts counts as numerous attemps, dispite being **** poor] to arrange repayment and have offered to put you on a more flexable and affordable payment plan. [Little difficult to offer than when they never spoke to us...] As you have ignored all calls, emails, letters and sms your file has now been passed on to ourselves as well as solicitors.

PLEASE CALL US AS A MATTER OF URGENCY ON xxxx xxx xxxx

OTHERWISE we will be left no option but to send our Field Agents to your addresses.

We are also liasing with our solicitors who are in the process of obtaining a County Court Claim against you. Once this is secured we will then be able to execute:

- a Warrant of Execution for court bailliffs to sieze goods

- an Attachment on Earnings to deduct sums for your income at source

- a Garnishing Order to freeze your bank account

Legal and recovery fees have been added to your file. Below is a breakdown of what you owe:

Loan GBP 100.00

Loan and Interest GBP 196

Legal Fees GBP 150

Recovery Fees GBP 200

Repayments todate GBP 0

Total GBP 561 [I'm not maths genius but I'm pretty sure those numbers don't add up to that amount...]

These fees may be reduced if contact it made immediately. [given the huge total cost obviously I rang them, and we agreed on paying back £200 in a lump sum, within two weeks to clear the debt...But, I didn't record the call]

We, in conjunction with the Solicitors and the County Court will be pursuing you for the monies that you owe. This debt will only increase the longer you ignore it as interest will carry on accruing and Court fees and Bailiff fees will ultimately be added.

[They can add whatever extortionate costs they want, I'm not going to pay them]

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours further action will be taken.

To stop this you MUST please CALL US today on xxxx xxx xxxx

Greg Campbell.

Now I'm no expert, but there does seem to be alot of pressure, and a hell of a lot of fear factors and subtle threat in that letter.

This'd send some people over the edge...I've thought about killing myself because they can't collect if I'm dead. It's no wonder so many people do commit suicide over things like this. These companies are disgusting.

Its a regular threat letter and you MUST report it. Remember, these debts are VERY LOW PRIORITY.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It's all going into one very long letter.

Couple of other thing I've thought of..Firstly, I've just checked my emails, and I never actually recieved any sort of contract or agreement from Speed Credit, and also the first dca to contact me was NDR, but recently I've got a letter from Appleton stating that they are acting as a dca for NDR? Thought this was a bit strange...

Oh I really hope their licence is revoked, they're an absolute joke!

They very nearly had their license removed a while ago.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/press_release_attachments/cim-requirements.pdf

2.1 disclose the details or existence of a debt to any third party

unless legally entit led to do so;

They regularly threaten to call debtors employers, as well as threaten to contact neighbours to see if you reside at the address.

2 . 2 levy charges that are disproportionate to the main debt and

which do not reflect the actual and necessary cost of recovering

a debt owed t o it;

They regularly do this. Excess interest/late payment charges/default fees/charging to pass it to a DCA.

1 . CIM Technologies Limited shall n o t use any t rading name wh i c h is n o t

specified i n i t s consumer credit licence.

Pretty sure theyre using multiple companies under the same outfit.

2.3 pressure debtors w h o have defaulted on an agreement t o pay

unreasonably large instalments when t h e y are unable t o d o so;

Self explanatory

2 . 4 make any misleading representations as t o t h e act ion it mi g h t

take or m i g h t be taking t o recover a debt.

Again, self explanatory.

3.1 only debi t a debtor's account on t h e date or dates as expressly

set o u t i n t h e loan agreement, unless otherwise specifically

agreed w i t h t h e debtor af ter t h e loan has been issued, f o r

example as p a r t o f a payment plan;

3 . 2 n o t debi t lesser or greater amounts t h a n those expressly set o u t

i n t h e loan agreement unless such amounts have been

specifically agreed w i t h t h e debtor af ter t h e loan has been

issued, f o r example as p a r t o f a payment plan; only debit f r om an account specifically given t o CIM

Technologies Limited f o r t h e payment o f t h a t loan.

hahaha enough said.

ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL

RENDER CIM TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED LIABLE TO FURTHER FORMAL

ACTION BY THE OFT. THIS COULD INCLUDE THE IMPOSITION OF

FINANCIAL PENALTIES PURSUANT TO SECTION 3 9 A OF THE ACT AND/OR

THE REVOCATION OF CllM TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED'S CONSUMER CREDIT

LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 3 2 OF THE ACT.

Thats why people MUST report these and follow it through. Not simply say they will, and then not do it.

Edited by renegadeimp

Wow, never realised how much of that they're not allowed to do!

So far though, I haven't seen/made a connection between Speed Credit and CIM? The licence number for SC is the same as MCO Capital LTD. Could you explain briefly how CIM and all these other organisations fit together? Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes/inconsistencies throughout this email..

Thankyou for those exerts btw, they will come in very useful :D

There is no connection per se, but they all operate under the same blanket. Thats why when you sign up for a loan with speedcredit, toothfairy or even uncle buck, each company now has all your details. Not to mention they all use the same webhost and email host, as well as same banking details.

TheLetter7.

Next you will find that SpeedCredit/NDR/MH are all trying to get money from you.Expect several emails/texts each week,all with the same purpose,to THREATEN and INTIMIDATE you.Also there will be different amounts of money.S/C will have passed your case to NDR,who will have contacted Appleton Massey.Then MH will be wanting a bite of the cake.They say that once the county court claim is secured,but omitted to say that you have the right to defend yourself.

I am not trying to dissect your posts,I know exactly what you are going through,as I have had the same experience as yourself.

We are writing to give you formal notice that Speed Credit has legally assigned the rights of the above debt to Marshall Hoares bailiffs. This means that Marshall Hoares bailiffs Limited now legally own this debt.

If this is the case,you should not here anything from S/C or NDR.But you will.They are like vultures circling for the kill.Do not let them weaken you.

If you have ignored all their calls,would they like to provide their call records to substantiate their claim.

Have you had a email headed,

PRE-CONTRACT CREDIT INFORMATION.

Or an email headed,

Speed Credit Legal - Contract - for your records.

If you have,this is your agreement.The PRE CONTRACT one will precede the CONTRACT.

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

Hi John,

I have double checked both possible email accounts and have not recieved any kind of contract of agreement from SC since the original text [which was what made me aware]The only 'contact' they have tried to make is via text to a mobile that is generally inactive. [surely letters should be sent aswell? or emails at least]

Also atm I only seem to be recieving mail from MH, but if NDR and the others persist aswell, I'll report it.