Points haven't been updated on licence?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got caught for speeding & received an SP30. I sent off my 'old-style' pink paper driving license and details for payment (plus a covering letter explaining I’d been in hospital and moved house and that was the reason for my delay in returning my details).

Today I received my driving license and my letter back.

The £60 has been taken from my account but my license hasn’t been updated with the 3 points. Will these come at a later date? (or have I been lucky?)

I wouldn't hold your breath that you have been "lucky" and not got any points. You will most likely find they have update the DVLA system correctly and the 3 points do show against your record.

I suspect the reason may be that you sent the "old style" licence back and not the new type 2 part licence. I have never had to send my licence back for any reason but I think you will find you are now compelled to replace your old licence with the new photo card type if you return it for any reason (including points).

Was there no covering letter with your licence back?

You don't need to get a photocard licence to have points applied to it - they are usually written on manually by the court/fixed penalty office, who then inform the DVLA so the electronic record is updated. You will have to get a photocard licence if you want to have them removed in 4 years - if they ever end up on there.

Possibly the clerk has simply forgotten to write the points on your licence. Likely he will have informed the DVLA so the record will still be updated.

Or, if you returned your licence after the 28 day deadline to accept the fixed penalty, whether or not to process it would be at the police's discretion. It may be that they've decided to summons you instead - in which case they should really return your payment.

No there was no covering letter. On past occasions my licence was returned with the SP30 written on it. Guess i'll find out when I change my address & get a new licence