Help getting video onto iPod Touch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to upload a video to an iPod Touch. I have done this before without any problems. But something is not right. I have converted the video to iPod format, and have put it on iTunes successfully. When I plug the iPod in to sync it, it only puts the audio files on the iPod, not the video files.

Any clues???

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Is it an MP4 file? Not all converters convert video into the MP4 container correctly, so if the headers of the file arent correct, the ipod will only pay what it can. Thats why you need a converter that actually converts to MP4 and not simply "ipod".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have converted it to MP4, and I have tried converting it to iPod format. Both using AV video converter. I have uploaded it to iTunes, and have tried reformatting iy using there own video converter in the tools menu. When I tried that, a message appeared saying 'this video is already in the correct format'.

Everything else synced to the ipod when I plugged it in. Just not this video.

I put a film on it a few months ago, and that worked fine. But I can't get any more videos to sync on to the iPod, no matter what I try???????

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Might be something wrong with the file system. have you backed your ipod up and done a factory reset on it? Or a full format?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Itunes should be able to back it up and wipe it.

alternativly

plug your ipod in

go to where it lists your ipod under devices on the left and click it

on the top it lists movies click this - theres a little tick box that says sync films this might not be ticked

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 month later...

you could always download av player from the app store. That will let you play anything without hte need for conversion. I use it on my pad and its great simple to use and you can just drag and drop videos to it

• 2 months later...