'Lewis' Field representative visit on CCJ/CO Northern Rock Shortfall

Mr Worried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE UPDATE

Well I am disgusted with this whole process, ie....

We have accepted an offer on our home, and the buyers survey has been completed, I have recieved paperwork from a solicitor that the auctioneer recomended for a fee of £100. which I pay? can I not instrucy my own solicitor? The auctioneer is hopeless, always calling me asking what is happening...they are charging 4k for the sale so shouldnt they know whats happening? I feel that me and Mrs W have been misinformed as regards costs of the sale, as we were advised over the phone that the purchaser pays fees.? I challenged the Auctioneer and they said ...' You Signed'...oh yes we signed, well Mrs did, she attended the estate agents office and was told to sign here, she did so, she was not advised anything and not explained anything about the contract Mrs W was in the office 17 seconds?.

The Sols which represent Future ( secured loan ) sent me a letter stating..Thankyou for requesting a redemption figure..I never requested this at all? I asked the Sols for a copy of their charges and they sent a copy of the charges incurred for acting on behalf of Future ,( breakdown of costs ) however there are things missing ( They sent a chap without my permmision to fill in an I & E ) he told me Future instructed him and he works direct for the solicitors? they wont disclose his charges?

I feel I need to write to the Auctioneer, Estate Agent, Solicitor, and explain my grievences, but dont know where to start. Yes I am happy that the house is to be sold and not repo'd but I feel that I dont have control of this transaction as much as I should do?

Your replies will be most gratefull.

Mr and Mrs, Slightly Stressed.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?319453-Eviction

Hi All

With ref to the above post I am happy to relay the following.

After 2 year of fighting with the 1st and 2nd charge's not to mention the CO's I gave up the fight and allowed repo to take over, and it did so with the minimal of fuss, I cleared the house and left it in a good state so that I can obtain the best sell price at auction, Myself and Mrs W feel better about this although Mrs is hurting deep down really she is, was it my fault? Yes it was but I wont go into detail, we have had a chat and we are gonna carry on going forward and try our best to remedy the hurt we are both feeling, is it hard? damn right it is, however we will recover and look back at this situation in time to come and hopefully become stronger for it.

My advise to those of you within this area of the forum is to keep fighting on, despite how you feel, remember I choose to give up the fight due to many reasons. Keep asking for help on here and it will flow, I must stipulate that if your asked to do something to aid your situation then DO IT, as one time I never done as I was advised from here and it was detrimental to my cause, so Remember to act upon advice given.

So then Cagers onwards and upwards eh?.

A massive Thankyou to all the Cagers for your help and support over the last 2 yr I fought my corner and good luck to those of you who'm are still fighting your corner, if at any time you need to ask a personal question as regards the hell we have been through then I give you permission to ask me, after all it may help You?

So I will bid you all good day and I will speak to you all soon

Cheers

Mr W :wink:

• Haha 1

Hi To All

UPDATE

We got repo'd, so what is my plan of attack / defence.

Now we go to Auction, Can I request any charges to be returned? ie, defaults, general charges, sols charges, home visit charges? how can I be sure they obtain the best sell on price?

Should I contact the CO's and ask for their assistance? ie...What you gonna do now the house is sold and there is nothing left for you? F+F with a payment plan? just let them chase me? arrange a payment plan with them?

Dont know which way to turn on this one so any input would be gratefull.

Ta in advance

Mr W

oh, and can I gain entry into repo'd home to collect mail untill redirection commences?

Hi To All

UPDATE

We got repo'd, so what is my plan of attack / defence.

Now we go to Auction, Can I request any charges to be returned? ie, defaults, general charges, sols charges, home visit charges? how can I be sure they obtain the best sell on price?

Should I contact the CO's and ask for their assistance? ie...What you gonna do now the house is sold and there is nothing left for you? F+F with a payment plan? just let them chase me? arrange a payment plan with them?

Dont know which way to turn on this one so any input would be gratefull.

Ta in advance

Mr W

oh, and can I gain entry into repo'd home to collect mail untill redirection commences?

Hi Mr Worried,

I am in a very similar situation to you......at the moment i have applied to the court for "an order of sale" of my property as i have a buyer who will pay the market value. As the property is in significant negative equity and arrears combined of approx £60k still even if i get this order to go through. If it goes to auction i will probably owe them £100k......

i have truely had enough of it and accept the fact that negative equity could not have been predicted and i have to deal with the aftermath! I have had my eviction adjourned for a few weeks until i can prove concrete that i have obtained the best price, and the judge said if i come back with this she will allow me to sell, without the mortgage companies consent. also i was advised that as i have had 2 serious buyers, if the worst case and the mortgage company repossess it and put it in auction and obtain anything less of what i had the best buyer for, i will not owe the difference! I do not know the way forward from here, as paying this debt back is just impossible.

I will probally make myself bankrupt as i know they will not force me into BR now as i have no assets or savings and they will strike in many years ahead when i get back on my feet and i am not going to let that happen......I truelly hope you resolve your situation, i have come to terms with mine and not going to stress over bricks and mortar.....as long as i have my health and sanity, everything else can just take its course........

• 1 month later...

UPDATE AND HELP NEEDED WITH A LETTER TO SOLS.

The agents who cleared / tidied the house etc have taken my personal belongings which were in the back garden namely 4 new car tyres, 3 week old 10ft trampoline ( Daughters birthday preasant ) lawn mower, football goal.

On the day of eviction was there awatng bailiff so they would be no dammage to locks etc, they were running 3 hrs late, so I left the door unlocked and a note politley telling them my vehicle was full and I would return in a couple of days to collect the rest. they f****n took the lot.

For a few weeks now have been asking the sols who took them or have they been stolen. just today they replied that the (agent took them)

So before I get myself nto trouble by way of chnning the sols, is there a letter I can write demanding return of my property.

My Garden shed is still there too, thaey have changed the lock, can I remove my shed? without being charged with theft?

Mr Angry

• 2 months later...

Hi All.

Just an update, and a request for some advice / input.

So after we got repo'd I was advised by a friend a few days ago that the estate agent had an offer on my house.

Today I recieved a letter from the Sol's representing Future Mortgages ( secured Loan ) saying that the house sale went through yesterday? they then waffle on about, Exercising the power contained within the Mortgage deed?

The then give me the date of which the power of sale was exercised , and supply me with the name of the purchaser. ( Private Treaty )

I have had no comms from the estate agent since the repo, how do I know they obtained the best price.?

Can I question defaults, charges etc on this repo from Northen Rock and equally FM?

Basically is there anything I can question as to reduce whatever shortfall there may be?

Thanks in advance. Mr Slightly Unsure.

The best way to get the info you need is to send a subject access request to the mortgage company, that should show how the property was marketed and sold and also give details of charges etc.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi ell

Thanks for the reply.

So basically there were 2 charges for the house, 1st was NR, Mortgage..2nd Future Mortgages secured loan. so both get the DSAR?

Can I challenge the charges etc from both accounts, thus reducing the shortfall.

I felt sick before as I passed the house and seen people in the garden etc, made me feel a little sh.... but hey onwards and upwards.

Mr W

Oh do I need to adjust the letter from the libary in any way.?

Send to both lenders and make sure it's by recorded delivery - also keep a copy for yourself.

Once you get the info you will then be able to see what chatges etc there are to claim back.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 4 weeks later...

Field Representative? Who are they? just an average Joe Bloggs, or some body representing a governing body, DCA, etc.

What is the law stating on there right to visit our homes without an invitation? 'can we run them down the path', should they knock at the door, do they have the right to park outside your house whilst on the phone looking toward me/us.

Can we make them go away or request they foxtrot oscar?

I had a visit from on of 'these' people today, albiet I was not at home, they put a yellow card citing their name and telephone number. with no indication of what they want or where they are from, ( as expected ).

So do I call the number and say?????????

Or do I ignore and await a knock at the door??????????

Or do I call the number then get the company details then send the doorstep letter?

Mr slightly Confused.

If they come, tell them to sod off. They have no rights at all to come knocking at your door. And if they do come, you have every right to tell them where to go. These idiots are commission based and get an average of 20% for every amount they grab off people who fall for their tactics.

Do NOT call the number on the card. In fact, just forget about it. If they call around again, do NOT open the door, just tell them to go away. If they refuse to move, call the police and say their is someone on yoru property without permission threatening you for money and they will not leave when asked.

'can we run them down the path'

Can we make them go away or request they foxtrot oscar?

Yes. 100% correct.

You can run them down the path and throw them off your property. If you have a pet dog, I'm a fan of letting the dog out freely while these muppets are around. Remember. It is YOUR property. The ONLY people allowed on it without your permission are the police.

• Haha 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ah yes the 'Field Representative', that is a few levels below 'Doorstep Collector'. They are still in training and not skilled enough to recognise doorsteps yet so have to search for bigger things.

No matter they both have the same rights which is basically exactly the same as any Didicoy who comes to your door... they are trespassing if you haven't given them the authority to enter on to your property. ;)

Thanks for the speedy replies, thought as much, just had to check as I have been awol for a short while.

Ta Much

However I would rather call them and tell them bog off rather than have them knock at my door??

Mr

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I would if I knew who they were, just the contact number on the card, hence why I want to contact them so that I can ask the question, who are you? then send the letter

Did you have a similar situation some time ago ? I thought I remembered it from another of your threads

UPDATE.....

The house was sold through an agent a few weeks ago as yet we have had no more comms from them? I had a female just knock at the door saying are you Mr W I replied yes she said you owe some money to xxxx ( CO ) 7 /8 yr ago. I said do I she replied are you gonna pay I replied I have no means to do so. Then raised my voice at her for sprouting these facts on my doorstep, she duly repeated, so you have no means! and walked back to her shinny red car?

What happens with CO, in a case were there are no funds left after the sale of the property.

Surely the other CO's will come knocking and breathing outa their ears?

Mr Not so Worried yet Confused.