1.2 polo sport 55 - VW complaint

paulg1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have just bought a 1.2 polo sport 55 reg 49,000 miles 3 weeks ago and have experienced the same problems with cylinder no 2. The coil packs were changed and it did improve but the warning light has now come on again. They did the compression test and the fault lies with no 2. It has had 1 previous owner and a full service history with VW.

I have a warrenty from the car show room i bought it from but he doesn't want to pay for the whole £800-£1000 cost to repair it.

Could somebody let me know where i stand with this?

Many thanks

Hi i have just bought a 1.2 polo sport 55 reg 49,000 miles 3 weeks ago and have experienced the same problems with cylinder no 2. The coil packs were changed and it did improve but the warning light has now come on again. They did the compression test and the fault lies with no 2. It has had 1 previous owner and a full service history with VW.

I have a warrenty from the car show room i bought it from but he doesn't want to pay for the whole £800-£1000 cost to repair it.

Could somebody let me know where i stand with this?

Many thanks

No doubt he dosn't! But the fact of the matter is that it is the seller's responsibility to do just that. As you have only had the car for less than a month, you are in a strong position. Under the SOGA 1979, the onus is on the seller to prove that the fault was not present at the point of sale. He is to be given an opportunity to inspect and rectify. Any warranty is merely an extension of your statutory rights so at the moment, your complaint is fairly and squarely against the seller. Contact him and ask him to rectify the problem. tell him you are asking him to do so in accordance with the SOGA 1979 (as amended).

Come back and tell us what response you get.