Short Assured Tenancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

some advice please.

We have lived in our current home for almost 5 years on annual SAT's. when we last renewed we gave verbal notice of our intention to purchase our own home and negotiated a month-by-month arrangement with 2 months notice to quit.

We have purchased a new home with an entry date of 31/8/12 and have given more than the required notice to our landlord. Notice has been accepted.

The acceptance of our notice came with a message that the landlord intends to put up marketing boards and give us posters to display " for let". In addition the landlord assumes that the property can be marketed and viewed during our tenancy with or without our agreement.

We have always had a good working relationship with our landlord but now feel this intrusive.We will not unreasonably deny access but equally do not wish the landlord or agent showing their rental vehicle(our home) to strangers prior to the end of our private arrangement.

How do we stand? and any practical advice please.

If it was me I'd go along with the landlord. I'd think of the bigger picture and go along the lines that you and the landlord have had a good relationship throughout the tenancy and you'd wish that he'd have the same relationship with future tenants. So my thinking is why sour that relationship he has with you which may then impinge upon his relationship with the next tenant he has in.

Its not just about your relationship with the landlord, but also about the relationship he will have with future tenants.

Its a two-way relationship, and if it really isn't going to affect your life so much then as you have had a good relationship with the landlord then why try to create a situation where he has a void, and therefore increases the rent for the next tenant to cover that void period?

Thank you for your comments.

We're generally in agreement with your opinion, however if viewings are to be arranged in our absence or without our attendance should we inform our insurers? Is it reasonable for another party to offer our time for free for their potential gain?