Who owns the debt ? : Bank say my debt has been "passed on" to IQor - does this mean it has been sold

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I have looked but can't find anything concrete.

I'm trying to tackle two things with a defaulted sum of just over a grand (overdraft balance) with Lloyds.

1) Who actually owns my Debt ? I've fended off IQOR who doorstep visited, wrote to them to tell them I don't ackowledge that I owe the debt to them, and asking for them for proof of ownership of the debt_ that was 28th May and they seem to have gone quiet for now (early days though).

I also wrote to Lloyds 28th May, and asked them to confirm if the debt had been sold and who to. I have had a vague response, saying the debt has been "passed on" to "thier agents" IQOR, that they are dealing with the account on Lloyds "behalf" and that all correspondance should be directly with them, a postal address was then supplied for IQOR.

then a statement saying "if you wish to make a payment today using either my debit or credit card then please contact us on the above number", the only number on the letter is LLoyds tel. no. (I think that might be a bit of standard text from the consumer debt recovery department there, but it's very misleading !)

My credit file says Lloyds NOT Iqor next to the default.

Am I right in thinking that whoever's on my Credit file "owns" the debt - i.e. Lloyds

I am confused because Lloyds letter is implying that they can still collect on the debt and ask me to ring them, but they have told me only to communicate with Iqor inplying that it has actually been sold to them.

I've looked in other posts and Iqor do buy debts and could possibly own the debt now, in which case I think I'm right in saying that my credit file is wrong as it should have been updated to say Iqor and also that Lloyds can't ask me to ring them.

Also if it has been sold, then I think that Lloyds should have written to me notifying me of this.

2) The second issue I'm trying to tackle (which I included in my letter to Lloyds 28th May, but they have not ackowledged at all to date), is that I don't think a valid default notice was issued, (plenty were issued for new amounts every time they gave me an unplanned overdraft to cover the interest fees from the previous unplanned overdarft they gave me, but not for the amount that I've been defaulted for that is on my file). I wasn't issued a termination notice before my account was closed either.

But I'll tackle this once I know for sure who owns the debt. If Lloyds don't own the debt anymore then am I right in thinking they can't collect on it ? (assuming I'm successful in getting the default removed)

any advice is appreciated, Lloyds are being vague, Iqor have dissappeared (for now, but I gather they are persistent) and I am not expecting them to communicate in any meaningful way regarding proving that they own the debt (if they do).

Lloyds have passed the debt to their agents to try to collect they still own the debt they try this if they cannot get a payment or if the debtor has sent SAR or CCA or any other type of request they just cannot be bothered to do anything to help the account holder all they want is money nothing else.

dpick

Hi thanks for the replies,

I'm pretty sure that the debt is still owned then by Lloyds.

Does this mean I don't have to deal with Iqor and can deal directly with Lloyds (even though they are telling me I have to go through Iqor) ?

No-one has to deal with ANY third party DCA, so yes cut out the jokers in the middle and pay Lloyds direct, never ever pay a DCA, once companies realise that this method of attempting to gain payment is futile, because no-one will deal with clowns, then they will actually begin to take responsibility for their actions.

Idiot iQor are muppets, DO NOT deal with them, they have absolutely NO legal powers to do anything.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!