style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Hope you dont mind me posting, Ive gleaned a bit of info from this forum which is great but would love some personal advice relating to my circumstances.

In April I had a notice from Jacobs and tried daily (3-4 times a day) to call the bailliff in question. to no avail. in the end I called them and they laughed about how this baillif was a liability and i set up a payment plan.

Shortly after, my partner was taken into hospital (7 months pregnant) and transferred to manchester Royal some 50 miles away. Due to the circumstances I moved with her staying in a hotel and crippling myself! unfortunately, i failed to keep up with their repayments.

On the 6th May my partner gave birth to our daughter and sadly 10 days later our daughter passed away.

i have only recently gone back to work after 5-6 weeks off (self employed, no income).

Today I had a removal notice come through from Jacobs telling me they will seize my goods in 24 hours.

from what i gather, they cannot do this as they need a walking possession etc and considering I have never met the guy it would be unfair to break in after 24 hours.

Can they take my recent bereavement into consideration? What on earth can i do.

The debt is for council tax and totals roughly £1600. back at work, it will take me approx 5-6 weeks to get this paid off.

Will they listen to me!????

Hi I'm sorry to hear of your bereavement, and offer my condolences!!

Have yo had any notice of court action being taken?

Or a judgement being made??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sorry to hear of your loss

Bailiff action should stop as you fall into vulnerable category with your bereavement

Contact council making a formal complaint,your local MP and councilors

you will be breaking no law having no dealings with bailiffs

bailiffs will probably not listen but council should and are responsible for bailiff actions

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)