Faulty stable - rights for repair advice please

maangov
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

Appreciate advice please.

I purchased a wooden 4 stable block from National stables over the phone in Dec 2010. They were erected by the company in March 2011.

In August 2011 one of the stable fronts broke and collapsed out the front. We reported this to them, and after several chasers they sent out repair men when they were 'next in the area'. This took 3 months in total. They repaired free of charge.

At the end of April 2012 the same fault occured on one of the other stables. I have reported by 3 emails and 4 phone calls, and 6 weeks have now passed. They have now acknowledged the problem and said they will repair when a lorry is next in the area but they can't put a timescale on this.

I am without the stable again. Can i demand they send someone to repair it? Is 'when a lorry is in the area' reasonable?

Appreciate any advice.

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

They are obligated to repair/replace faulty goods within a reasonable time-scale. As the goods you have purchased can not easily be substituted then they really should be sorting it as a priority.

Take a look at the SOGA link in my signature.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

Edited by freakyleaky

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. The letter template is good and sounds like the sort of thing i need to put to them. I'm sure they'll put it right, i just don't agree it should be done 'when they have a lorry in the area'.

I'll check the contract and documentation for finer detail. Would you mind giving my final letter a once over?

Thanks

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

Consumer or Business as do remember Part 5a (The section used most commonly for repairs / replacements) is consumer only. If business then you can go via the damages route (i.e charge them for the repair)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.