Default for account fees nationwide

FORMISTER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Seems ages since I have been on here, been very busy over the past 12 months.

Need to ask some advice that I probably could of answered myself a year or so ago, but cannot remember.

A friend of mine has a default for Nationwide (I believe) but the balance is completely made up of charges.

For what I understand their was no credit facilities and she stoped using the account. However a month after she ceased to use it a fee for a returned DD was applied, then fees for unauthorised OD etc.

Now the balance is approx £350

Can she be defaulted for a balance made up entirely of charges?

Thanks

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

I think she could, but if it was me I'd be right on to them about the disproportionate amount of charges for one returned DD. Better to try and fend off any default because it'll be mighty difficult to get it removed.

Was the DD cancelled? If so the direct debit guarantee could be used to sort this.

For info this happened to me with Alliance and Leicester, and I started to pay them off, but every month they added a ridiculous amount so I stopped paying and haven't heard a word since. This was nearly 3 years ago. Haven't checked my credit record, but I have had credit since.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I believe the DD was cancelled after it bounced, the charge applied to the account a month later when the balance was zero

For what I understand she opened another account to stop PayDay companies from raiding it.

This may help you RBS Win

worth a try anyway and remember bcobs doesnt allow for charges to create more charges

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Was your friend issued with a Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the Consumer Credit Act1974?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I've asked her for any default notice or intention to default so I can examine them to see if they comply. Failing her finding them I will give her the appropriate letter to request them from Nationwide.

I believe she is receiving the usual threatograms from our friend Bryan Carter at the moment

ICO guidance states that it is unfair to place a default if the default balance

is made up of charges without which the account would not be defaulted.

A formal complaint to the Data Controller of the Bank.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: