Friend's Santander PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi can you tell me which is the correct address for sending SAR requests to or just a request for PPI complaints...for a debenhams store card taken out pre-2005 and at time owned by GE Capital one...

I sent a request to ABBEY PLC

PO BOX 3

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9HD

..and it was returned to sender (me) without ANY explanation

thnks

It should be addressed to whoever took over the running of the Deb'ns store card.

Abbey were taken over by Santander 2 or 3 years back.

Avoid sending Recorded Delivery items to a PO Box. Use a proper address.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If you send by normal post, go to a Post Office and ask for a free Certificate of Posting.

:-D

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

A General Question please

Right then...just a few preliminaries before I confirm whether the offer they made was correct...

1 PPI was added to account in Oct 2003...but Cust Acct Info inSAR only goes back to 2005...how do I calculate from Oct 2003-2005

2. In the Sheet 4...what does 'Amount of Charge' mean...is it the actual monthly repayment

3.The APR started of the main loan was 19.9%...do I need to check monthly to see if it varies for that particular month and then put that new figure in the APR box...I ask this question because in the NOTES section it states that that box should not be interfered with

Advice most appreciated for this Credit Card Calculation

Thanks

m2ae

With regards to the payments missing from Oct 2003 until 2005..

.I shall assume that monthly payments for ppi were being paid at the amount that they appear for the most part during 2005 and 2010...approx £2.20.

.and then once all compounded in spreadsheet compare total in spreadsheet with the offer of £380.00 they have offered...

But can you give me answers to questions in post 16 so that I can put in the correct figures into the correct CELLS...

Thanks guys

You have certainly been both busy according to the posts over the last few days..

.but really...your help is most appreciated..

I have for a long time been a spectator on members calculating PPI using spreadsheets

but now it is my own practical experience which is in turn..

.and it would be great also for me to give our members practical advice on how to calculate.

.so as to take burden off you all..

.thats what this site is about

Thanks again...

• 1 month later...

Hi

RE-DEBENHAMS STORE CARD/GE CAPITAL ONE-SANTANDER

I have received the reply to SAR...However the letter states ACTUAL premiums paid at approx £360.00

''I can confirm that insurance was taken out on the account.The total amount of insurance premiums charged is £360.00''

BUT the SAR was just one sheet going back only to August 2005 until Oct 2006...and on that sheet I have calculated approx £45.00

How do I calculate the contractual interest concerning the figure of £360.00 and 8% interest as there is no indication anywhere on what the Purchase Rate was...

Many thanks

i thought you were going back to oct 2003?

so they have not listed those?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, it's no good giving you a totals for PPI charges without dates for each charge. The dates are needed for whichever spreadsheet you use

If the SAR response is lacking data, write to complain using the SAR Non Compliance letter in the library.

:wink:

i thought you were going back to oct 2003?

so they have not listed those?

dx

No...they have only started from Aug 2005 until 2006...but I have an account statement which I sent them a copy at least going back to 2004

how has she come up with a figure of 360 if she states that they do not hold information going back 6 years.:???:

Also, it's no good giving you a totals for PPI charges without dates for each charge. The dates are needed for whichever spreadsheet you use

If the SAR response is lacking data, write to complain using the SAR Non Compliance letter in the library.

:wink:

Yes I do have but one sheet from Aug 2005-Oct 2006

Exactly how can she have come up with that figure of 360 without any further information/documents in her possession as per above post...'6 years':!:

i'd ask that specific qustion...

my account went back to dd/mm/yyyy

according to FOS guidelines you should be averaging these payments back to card inception & giving me compounded interest at your avg rate

can you please explain when you a going to do this, i do not agree nor understand your present limited time span figure

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From the extremely limited information they gave me in the SAR...I have looked at transaction dates and based on Money Laundering Regs and Companies Act 2006...th:jaw:ey appear to have destroyed the docs unlawfully/prematurely:|

go ask them

dx

and they