Barclays SAR received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received hubby's SAR from Barclays today, giving exactly the 6 years of info. Do you think it's worth writing to ask for older stuff or do you think that's it? Not quite far enough back to get old loan details :-(

Is this loan paid off?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

yes it is; paid off just over 6 years ago.

They have only sent current loan details which was not refinanced & no ppi, even tho they pushed hard for it, lol.

Something I have just noticed is an overdraft protection fee suddenly starting in July 2006 for 40p a month.

What is this please, my hubby has never used his overdraft?

Thank you

Hi

You could press them for older data by using the "Failed SAR" letter from the library. Barclays can be a toughie to crack but keep at them and see what you can get.

If the loan was paid off more than six years ago they may not still have the agreement. Some members have been able to get old loan figures with a phone call to the bank so that may also be worth a shot.

As regards to overdraft protection, this too is a form of PPI and should be claimed back if you didn't agree to it.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

thanks, am now sifting through paperwork and have sent a failed SAR letter asking for older info...no harm in asking eh! Which spreadsheet do I use for the overdraft protection policy please?

Hi, sorry to be a pain, but could someone please tell me which sheet I use for the overdraft protection? Would it be the foscisheet? Thank you

Yes that would be good enough

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 2 weeks later...

Following my failed SAR to Barclays, they have now coughed up the full 8 years of credit card statements, plus all other calls/letters etc. They have also included a copy of the original application form but I'm a bit confused...All the details are printed out, but it has been properly signed & the balance transfer section filled in by hand so how would this have been submitted do you think? Thought we would have done online in 2004 but unsure now. The payment protection bit just say 'yes, I want my account to be covered......blah blah' there is not a box to tick or a 'no' option.

Only you will know how the application was submitted.

If there is no option to elect for PPI and it was just out on the account then you should put in a claim for mis-selling.

Are they actual copy statements you have received or a transaction history?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

As I said, assumed it would be online at this time but maybe a postal app as all pre printed, will grill hubby again, see if he can recall. Def no option to opt in or out, just says yes. I have actual copy statements which is brill, now constructing the fosrunning spreadsheet. As the spready doesnt like zeros, where there is several months without action, is it ok to put a 1p monthly spend with a 1p monthly payment so it keeps the 8% interest amount going as it should?

Ah you are using V101?

Yes 1p in and 1p out will sort it.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Great, thanks. Yes the v101, all completed now altho wondering if I have done an error somewhere as the account is showing in the red (not reconstructed) when the account is actually sitting with £11 quid credit on so must have put wrong figures in as surely that should be sitting at zero normally if account settled (or £11 in our case)

Credit balances are shown as red figures.

This is just to highlight when the account was in credit.....not in the sense we would normally say "in the red" or "in the black"

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Can you post up the spreadsheet please (MINUS ANY PERSONAL INFO)

Maybe I have misunderstood you

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Please ignore me...I did misunderstand....forget what I said about red and black....must have been thinking of something else.

Sorry.

OK are you saying that at the end you actual account is £11 in credit as per the statements you have received?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

lol, no probs. Yes, we mistakenly paid the last payment twice so should be sitting £11 in credit but showing as -£15 odd on spreadsheet. Probably doesnt matter as cant be too big figures wrong, just bugging me, lol

Yes without going through it line by line with the base info I wouldn't be able to spot it.

In the global scheme of things it will only make pennies difference.

Looks like you are good to go.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Just noticed when trawling through statements that between August 08 & May 10 (our period of inactivity), the word 'optional' appears before the payment protection plan; is this when it first come to light? It certainly doesnt say optional on the application form!

Not sure when the mis-selling scandal first came to light as such but it makes no difference to your claim

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

That will be 3 completed, just another 5 or 6 to go!

Just a few then :lol:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions