Collectors hassling girlfriend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me with a situation. My girlfriend recieved a phone call yesterday from a company called Red Castle Recoveries. They have claimed she made an online payment for 50 pounds a few months ago with a UK retailer. The payment never went through, unbeknownst to her, and the company sold her debt to Red Castle who are now trying to charge her 87 pounds! On the phone she told them she would be willing to pay the amount of the purchase once evidence was provided, but she wouldnt be willing to pay the additional 37 pounds which they claimed is "charges"...we are now awaiting the evidence, but there is no way she is going to pay the extra charges as she had no idea the transaction didnt go through...what are her options here? is she within her rights to refuse to pay the extra charges?? or will this affect her credit rating??

Would appreciate any and all advice...

Many thanks

Hi ap

Don't speak to them over the phone, only communicate in writing.

Have a read of no.7 in my signature.

contact the original company and advise that you wish to make a formal complaint as they had not advised you of any problem with the account. Then make a formal complaint. Ignore Red.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Extra 'charges', 'fees' etc..are only payable if you have entered into a contract where they are clearly stated, i very much doubt that this is the case here. As suggested ignore Red, DCA have no pwers to levy charges or affect your credit rating. Best advise as above is to contact the store.

Andy

Thanks for the advice guys! its much appreciated...i just need to keep my gf from talking to them on the phone now, she doesnt quite understand how these orgs operate...we will contact the original organisation directly to make a formal complaint...will let you know how we get on! thanks again...