My Credit Record Has Been Totally Trashed :-(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a long time of getting my credit record completly squeaky clean (999 rating on experian) I discovered tonight that on equifax, my credit record has been totally trashed.

There's two problems.

First one there is a CCJ at an address that has been incorrectly linked to me and is in my name. It's a long story and there's a thread in legal issues about it. Basically I have had a long running saga with a DCA who pulled a dirty stunt, by issuing court proceedings at an address I dont live at. As a result I got a CCJ at this address as I was unable to defend this claim due to not knowing about it. However I am in the process of having it set aside.

However due to the DCA searches, I am now linked to that address. One thing to make clear, this is not a previous address, it is an address I have no connection with either past or present. Is there anyway I can get this link removed ? On experian I'm not linked and have a perfect score as a result.

The second Issue I have which is trashing my record is that I have had 25 credit searches in the past 6 months. Half appear as credit searches and half as standard/unclassified searches most done by DCA's. i think they were warming up for screwing me up in court by making sure I didnt live at the address they suppplied to the court.

I didn't give these DCA's permission to search my records, I know that a creditor or owner of a debt can do it, however these DCA's didnt own the debt in question, they were chasing on behalf of another DCA. is there any action I can do to remove these aswell ?

As to the linked address you need to make

a formal complaint to the Data Controller

at the CRA and meanwhile add a notice of

dispute.

As to searches the DCAs will be using the

permission given for data sharing and credit

reporting included in the original agreements.

You must complain as above but to the DCAs

making the searches the CRA cannot unilaterally

act upon this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: