Bailliff conduct RE: council tax debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A bailiff is claiming they have made a Levy of my 'goods' from "outside the property" in October 2010. I did own a car at this date (on finance, so didn't actually really own it) They are using this Levy as basis for enforcing a liability order made against me just before I went bankrupt in Nov 2011. Im aware that if there was no levy made before the bankruptcy then the liability order would make no difference and the council tax debt would still be provable in the bankruptcy (and written off) I believe this is why they are still pursuing me for the debt despite my bankruptcy.

My conundrum is....... even if they accurately identified my car as an asset (I live on a main road in a terrace and often my car would be parked some way down the street) and it is listed on the Levy, what happens now?, as the car was returned to the finance company shortly before the bankruptcy and I am obviously no longer i possession of it. Would this make the Levy void?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi

A bailiff is claiming they have made a Levy of my 'goods' from "outside the property" in October 2010. I did own a car at this date (on finance, so didn't actually really own it) They are using this Levy as basis for enforcing a liability order made against me just before I went bankrupt in Nov 2011. Im aware that if there was no levy made before the bankruptcy then the liability order would make no difference and the council tax debt would still be provable in the bankruptcy (and written off) I believe this is why they are still pursuing me for the debt despite my bankruptcy.

My conundrum is....... even if they accurately identified my car as an asset (I live on a main road in a terrace and often my car would be parked some way down the street) and it is listed on the Levy, what happens now?, as the car was returned to the finance company shortly before the bankruptcy and I am obviously no longer i possession of it. Would this make the Levy void?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

If the levy was solely on the car and the car was on HP then the levy cannot be enforced (you would need to prove it didn't belong to you)

did you get a notice of seizure of goods and inventory listing your car (or any other car) on the day they clam the levy was made

if not have they confirmed the reg colour make model of the car they say have levied

Hi

I have never received any notification re the levy they claim to have made. I wasn't even aware of it until I spoke to them on the phone on Friday!!! Also, they claim this was made Oct 2010, so I'm wondering why thy haven't arrived to seize any goods by now!!!! Since doing some research I suspect they don't actually have a levy, or if they do the car listed isn't the one I owned but another one which may have been parked outside my home at the time....

I have written to them asking for a copy of the levy so we'll see how far I get

Many thanks for your reply

:)