chesters going to court

chesterb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know :rolleyes: ha ha.

After you filed at MCOL, did you send the bank and MCOL a copy of your schedule which included the 8% interest?

If not, it may be prudent to send each of them a copy with a covering letter indicating that the other party have also been sent a copy. I would, especially in the case of Barclays send by £1 post so that a signature is required upon receipt.

If you decide to do so, at the top of the one to MCOL, add the claim reference number issued to you by them and ask them to add it to your file. In the case of Barclays, add the reference number from the letters they have been sending you in relation to the claim, again asking them to add it to the file they have for you.

Address the MCOL letter to:

The Court Manager,

Moneyclaim,

Northampton County Court,

21 - 27 St. Katherine's Street,

Northampton

NN1 2LH.

Address the Bank letter to:

Barclays Bank PLC

Litigation and Disputes Team,

Level 29,

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

If you've already sent them, that's fine but at least others reading this thread can take the information on board.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Hi!

I am at the stage where I have filed in court my court bundle and copied it to Barclays, the deadline is 16.00pm Friday 6th October I have not yet had there copy of court papers, there defence seems to be there terms and conditions of business it does nit address the issues of unfair charges

PJN

I havent sent anything to either of them to be honest Welshman..... I will do tho. Do I send it to the court now tho, as its been transfered to my local court now, I assumed I would be asked for paper work when I got a court date? xx

Thank you NormanPJ most appreciated..... I will awairt my court date then, thank you guys so much fror your help..... As I say our customers do not have to go through this palarva! xx

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone! Well I got my court hearing letter on Friday! Help please. What should I do???

TAKE NOTICE that the hearing will take place on 12 March at 10:45 AM PLEASE NOT this case may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court.

General form of Judgment or order.

It is Ordered that:

Allocation hearing required time estimate 30 minutes

Claimant in her allocation questionnaire refers to 'hundreds of other cases' can Claiment identify any that have gone to trial or are about to?

Is there merit in staying these proceedings to await the outcome?

What do I do here? if anything? Do these questions need answering now?

Or do I simply await the 12/03/07???

Any help is appreciated.

Chester xx

I would reply stating that there are indeed hundreds of cases awaiting trial but that none have reached Court stage as yet because the Banks are settling with the claimants before the allocated Court dates and furthermore you respectfully request that your case is not stayed pending trial results for that very reason.

Welshman

Just to say I completely agree with Welshman on this, no cases are getting as far as court so there is no point in staying the case to see what happens.... :) Your money is getting closer Chesterb. :)

My opinions are just that, I will help if I can but I am NOT a professional. If in doubt seek legal advice.

READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! AS IS THE USER-GUIDE!

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Barclays Joint Account- Settled £823.

HSBC Joint account-Settled £50.

Studio- Settled £80.

HSBC Student account- Settled £560.

Lloyds Credit Card- Settled £72.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Abbey Joint Account- Settled £330.

Waiting till all claims settled then Donation-A-Rama.

:D

If you read Zoeo's thread in the Barclays successes section, you'll see her hearing date was quite a way off too, so money may not be as far away as you think ;)

My opinions are just that, I will help if I can but I am NOT a professional. If in doubt seek legal advice.

READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! AS IS THE USER-GUIDE!

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Studio- Settled £80.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Ive read Zoeo's thread and I dont know what to do now? Should I call them, or should I just wait it out??? I have no idea who I should speak to or what I should say? Maybe I should just wait?

Oh Everyone, Im so confused! Can a MOD or someone with more knowledge than me explain whats happening with my case? I have just contacted the court, as I have read a lot of the success stories, and they have all been asked for a 'court bundle' I havent? I received a general form of judgment or order.... I have answered the 2 questions on this via letter. Ive called them today to ask if they need my court bundle now. the lady I spoke to said its just an allocation hearing, not the actual date, I will receive instructions from the Judge when I turn up to the allocation hearing on 12/03/07 - So I presume, this allocation thingie is for my allocated time slot for the actual court date (Is this right?) Or is the 12/03/07 my actual court date, and I will have to send in my bundle on their instructions? - I have no idea what this means, or what I should be doing here? Please please can someone shed any light at all???? Thank you in advance, a very confused chester x

OK. Stop panicing.

It appears that you have done things correctly. You have responded to them by letter, you have followed this up with a phone call in which the lady told you that it was an allocation hearing and that bundles are not needed just yet.

I don't really know what more you want to hear. It may be because other claimants are facing another bank or a number of other things.

Just chill and let it happen. You cannot hurry the courts.

Welshman

Hello Welshman! And thank you so much! I feel a little better now! - So the 12/03/07 isnt my actual court date then........ Brill

Welshman, you are a knight in shiny shiny spangly armour! xxxx

Anyone please help, I know Im getting irritating, but I have searched the site and t'internet, and I still have no idea what an allocation hearing is? Are Barclays required to go to this? If so they are likely to pay up just before that date I presume? Could someone please tell me what an allocation hearing is? As its not my actual court date?

Sorry?!

C xxx

Allocation hearing from what I can gather is merely when the judge decides (after speaking to you both I think) how much time to 'allocate' to your real hearing. (Welshman / anyone else plz correct if I am wrong?).

I would personally get my bundle ready for that day, as it is best to be prepared in case the Judge asks you anything, have a folder with everything in, and then have plastic wallets behing every with 2 extra copies in (one for barclays solicitors and one for judge) so if you need to say 'I believe it will take X amount of time to hear the case as I have x and x and x I would like to discuss, and the documentation is here' then you can pass them a copy of whatever point you are referring to.

Have you tried typing 'Allocation Hearing' into the 'Search' box and see what comes up? I know you're certainly not the first person to be asked to attend one of these on here...Sorry I can't be more help as I didn't have one of these.

Now relax! :lol:

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Studio- Settled £80.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Hi Mrs C! Ive searched, and I can only find every post with 'allocation (that includes everyones posts with Allocation questionnaire) Ive cried for about an hour!

I spoke to Rebecca Connely at Barclays, I was confident and basically said, OK thats your last chance, she wasnt interested. So She wont settle!

Looks like Im waiting until the 12/03/07 then?!

Thank you though! Your an angel x