PDE and repayment plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Prob lies. So they can make money off the interest. As for barclays the recent cntroversy proves what kind of bank they really are.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Figured as much. O2 service is back up and running, so I've got the FOS form heading to me via mail next week. All that's left to do now is sit back and relax whilst wheels go a-turning.

• 1 month later...

Took them a couple of months, but the Money Shop have now jumped on the bandwagon trying to get in touch with me over the phone despite the communication preference template letter I sent to PDE. They don't even have my correct name.

The fos want records of any contact the business makes whilst the investigation is ongoing, so another email sent to them today. Should have a final decision from them in a few more weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a note on repayment plans. I also have repayment plans setup with wonga and paydayuk. They are due on the 1st of the month. Therefore I assumed if I was using faster payments and it would be in their bank account within 2 hours it would be fine to pay on the 31st.

Not according to the pdl companies. Despite it being in their account within 2 hours they can take up to 5 days to credit the payment to your account. Therefore they started hassling me on the 1st saying they hadnt received the payment.

They back down once they have it but I don't see why we should suffer just because it can take up to 5 days for THEM to credit our accounts.

They say it takes 5 days because in their world, it takes 5 days for their system or most likely a rep to track down the payments and allocate them. Plus they would gain interest, and would probably move it to a different account.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Another update, shouldn't (hopefully) be many more now :

FoS have completed their investigation and are just waiting on a final response from PDE, which the lender is dragging its' heels over. PDE were, however, quite happy to send me a text at 8.20 this morning to say that a default was being registered against me. Lovely wake up call. They provided a number to 'discuss how we can help'. Are they able to do this whilst the dispute remains unresolved?

UPDATE : And another one, literally, as I'm typing this. It all seems a bit bit desperate from my perspective.

Make sure you tell the FOS that you are getting texts. Im sure theyll be interested to know why the lender isnt listening to them and still harassing you.

Results are in. PDE have agree that they have treated me unfairly by : ignoring messages that said I couldn't afford the repayment, adding interest back in May when they should have accepted my proposed repayment plan, and that they should not have continued contacting me via telephone/text after I expressly asked them not to. They've agreed to reduce the outstanding balance by a significant amount provided I can stick to my original proposal.

The only niggly issue is that their total from which they've subtracted the reduction does not take into account the fact that £60 in interest was added when it shouldn't have been. I'm waiting to hear back concerning this particular part, and the small matter of them still sending texts (apparently a system upgrade...they take two weeks now?)

Will probably have to wait a week or two for this final response as my particular case worker in on annual leave until mid-october.

How much is their repayment proposal? Remember, you only owe initial loan + interest + 1 default sum, minus what youve already paid. Dont let them try and add any more on.

They want to settle for £120, they've taken off £180, initial loan was 240, plus interest for 1 month takes it to 300. But that's the point of contention, I'd already paid that interest off.

So it's either going to be 120, or 60 depending on how that goes.

It would have been so much easier for them if they'd just settled in the first place...