Problems with an Asusx53s laptop bought from comet

maureenwales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Changing a motherboard involves a lot more than just a few screws and putting new mobo in... there are all sorts of driver issues, and can commonly need a reinstall of windows. Even if it doesn't need a reinstall, there will be bits left in the registry from the old motherboard slowing the system down. I'd make sure all data was backed up before letting them attempt this, and I'd also time boot-up and when it was returned check that it was the same.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I've seen a few systems that needed a full reinstall, more than just a handful, although I deal more with desktop PCs over laptops. Graphics drivers (can't comment on intel ones as I only build high end systems) load programs in the background and if they're not removed, the program still tries to load adding to boot times. I have seen PCs trying to load ATI radion components when the owner has changed to a Nvidia graphics card, simply due to not uninstalling the old driver.

All of this should not be put upon the customer who has paid for a decent gaming PC and ended up with a vastly inferior system. IMHO Comet should be taking the wrong computer and handing over the correct one.

In either case, the OP should back up their files.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar