Problems with an Asusx53s laptop bought from comet

maureenwales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought an Asus X53SC-SX041V,

Processor: Intel Core i7 2670QM,

Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX laptop for my son for Christmas ,

after 5 emails to Asus and a telephone call and a trip to comet over the weekend ,

we cannot find the graphic card that supposed to be there .

What are my right?

I only bought this laptop for the game card .

I have read on the net about people having the same problem with this model ,

and the game card has been missing .

which they have taken back and had it replaced.

Iam with in my rights to ask them to replace the laptop because it is not the spec i purchased?

Any help would be grateful they are due to contact me today .

Hi maureen

Welcome to CAG

So in short, you've been trying to resolve this issue for over 4 months. When did you find out that the game card was missing?

What have Comets said or done?

Have a read of 10,12 and 13 in my signature.

My son said in January that it didnt have a game card , he plays minecraft on it,( Iam no good on laptops and havnt got a clue) we emailed Asus in january at least 5 times but they never got back to me so then i telphoned them and told them , but they said it had an intel graphic card i tryed to explain to them that the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX was missing ,but they were having none of it . We went to comet over the weekend and they have told us it is not on the laptop .They are contacting Asus Rep today and their head office to find out what they can do about it.

Pardon my ignorance - but if this is a laptop, then I would expect the graphics card to be built-in and not removable.

If., I'm wrong then please explain to me and put me right.

... or maybe I have just misunderstood your story and what you are saying is that you boght a laptop which was meant to have a particular graphics card in it and it turns out it doesn't.

In that case, it isn't in conformity with its description and you are entitled to take it back for a full refund. - S.13 SOGA

Hi maureen

You should be addressing your complaint to Comets, I would write a Formal Letter of Complaint to Comets Explain whats happened, how you've been let down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

How did you pay for it?

My son said in January that it didnt have a game card , he plays minecraft on it,( Iam no good on laptops and havnt got a clue) we emailed Asus in january at least 5 times but they never got back to me so then i telphoned them and told them , but they said it had an intel graphic card i tryed to explain to them that the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX was missing ,but they were having none of it . We went to comet over the weekend and they have told us it is not on the laptop .They are contacting Asus Rep today and their head office to find out what they can do about it.

Thats sounds like whats happened.

... or maybe I have just misunderstood your story and what you are saying is that you boght a laptop which was meant to have a particular graphics card in it and it turns out it doesn't.

In that case, it isn't in conformity with its description and you are entitled to take it back for a full refund. - S.13 SOGA

Lets see what Comets say, make sure you keep the e-mails sent to Asus, who told you to contact Asus?

Thanks for the reply

I payed for the laptop with my debit card

Hi maureen

It might be an idea to do some research on 'Nvidia and Intel Graphic cards', to see which one is better. Then you can decide what to do from there.

I rang Asus because i went onto the NVIDIA site to see if it needed an update , but it told me nothing was installed on the laptop.

Hi ,

Yes i will do some research.

It do state on my son laptop that it as nVidia GeForce GTX 520MX 1gb card on the stickers on the front of the laptop .But no software is install on it.

Thanks again for every ones help, i am not very good with laptops,i will wait and see what comet as to say.

What are my right?

I only bought this laptop for the game card .

I have read on the net about people having the same problem with this model ,

and the game card has been missing .

which they have taken back and had it replaced.

Iam with in my rights to ask them to replace the laptop because it is not the spec i purchased?

Comet should replace the laptop as others have experienced.

If you're unfortunate enough to experience poor customer service a small claim demanding a refund or replacement should do the trick.

Good luck. I hope this is quickly resolved for you.

Hi ,

Just an update

Comet has just telephoned me saying they are willing to send the laptop for repair back to Asus .

Iam not happy with this outcome because i wanted it replaced because it wasnt the spec i purchased,i have spoken to Asus this morning they informed me i have not got the nvidia geforce gt 520mx card installed .

Edited by maureenwales

You've been at this for 4 months? I would suggest LBA and then court action. Also email the CEO with your disapointment and that it looks like it will be down to a court to decide the outcome as the comet customer services has failed.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi ,

They have said they will send it off to Asus for them to put the Nvidia card in it.

Not really happy with them doing this ,because i wanted them to replace it with the correct spec laptop that i payed for, but they have said because its over 28 days they will only repair.

I don't know what they are going to repair. The solution is to either fit the mainboard with the Nvidia graphics on it (which is why it might be going away), or refund/replace the laptop with the correct spec. Have they said what they are going to do when it goes away. In essence there is nothing to repair on your laptop at the mo, as it will be all working. The fault is the wrong spec laptop. Try and get them to clarify what their objective is when it goes to them, so you are both on the same wavelength.

locutus - Court action, really? At this stage? They might be sending it away to have the correct mainboard fitted and solve the problem, is it really worth jumping in with court action now? OTT if you ask me.

After 4 months and they still do not grasp that this is not a "repair". Repair is what you do when something is faulty, in this instance Comet have given the customer an inferior model. The nvidia machine is far superior for more than just the chipset being faster... the intel uses shared memory, so it eats into the system memory, where are the nvidia has dedicated memory, and the nvidia has much faster graphics memory than the intel.

Comet seem to be trying to deal with this as a repair, when it is not, it is an error on their part, and they should be the ones jumping through hoops to correct this.

Personally, I would be emailing the CEO and sending a LBA for 14 days to their registered address. If they don't get this sorted within that 14 days, I would then be able to initiate court action without any further delay.

Edited by locutus

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar