DCA Modus Operandi - Discussion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fred I hope you mean all CAG ''staff'' ie site team are genuine???:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Moorcroft's latest 'template' valid even if not read by me - yes still using that old chestnut, and it is for another non debt which was cleared a while ago.

I think the whole DCA template thing is a case of 'them against us' ie they are 'allowed' to misquote legal stuff and get away with 'admin or system' errors yet if we do something wrong in our letters it is a major issue.

Template letters, as said, are all very well but in this modern day and age a polite (and I mean polite) reminder a couple of days before a bill is due would be a nice option, rather than the 'immediate rush' to DCA level debt collecting activity.

After all the DCA 'powers' are almost zilch in most cases, and once your credit rating is marked there is little point in paying a debt - immoral they shout, but when they mark a debt as unpaid when it clearly has been paid and pass you back to a now defunct company (due to company closure) they are not immoral - are they?

Can you imagine the cost of sending ''polite reminders'' to

perhaps thousands of account holder,the individual must

manage their personal finances and not expect others to

constantly baby sit them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Can you imagine the cost of sending ''polite reminders'' to

perhaps thousands of account holder,the individual must

manage their personal finances and not expect others to

constantly baby sit them.

Hi,

Managing finances in this economy is not easy.

I went from 45k a year to JSA in one foul swoop ( and no i didn't work for the financial sector ).

Granted this was about 10 years ago. Been hand to mouth ever since due to the industry i am in ( leisure ).

Having that sort of crash when the economy goes bump...There is absolutely nothing you can do to manage it.

I can see an influx of civil servants coming onto this site in the imminent future. I bet they thought they had a job for life..

How wrong they were.

Regards,

Stormski

Not the point, why does anyone need to be reminded

when to pay, CC statements are sent, where is the problem?

My sister is a new recruit to this site, why? I phone her fortnightly just to catch up, when I last did she was in floods of tears .Lost her job and phoned her mortgage people to explain the situation. She got short shrift and told that in a blink of an eye they will reposses her house, not an ounce of sympathy. not intrested just pay us. Receiving phone calls at all hours for payment. So she has diched her mobile and I had to phone her at a specific time to speak to her on house phone. She is back in work after two months. Now getting back on schedule with mortgage. Her bank ( Spanish)must win awards for their customer relations

Hi Fred I hope you mean all CAG ''staff'' ie site team are genuine???:madgrin:

Hi Brig,

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.