earnings arrestment scott and co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

jut looking for a bit of advice.

regarding scott and co, my wife and i are both paying on an earnings arrestment on our salaries for council tax. we received the arrestment for just over £5000. we are now down to around £1500.

i pay more towards it cause i earn more but when will our respective employers be able to stop making deductions as my wife's employer does not know how much i have paid towards it and vice-versa.

on my wife's payslip this month she paid her usual amount and it says amount outstanding £4100 but this does not take into account how much i have paid and vice-versa. does scott and co let our employers know when it is paid off?

thanks

Was both you and your wifes name on the charge for payment previous to the Wages Arrestment?

I have never heard of or dealt with a joint wages arrestment but I certainly would be contacting scott and co the month before the final payment is due to ensure that they will be withdrawing the wages arrestment

I'll ask national debtline to look in to check it for you

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

hi,

thanks for the reply.

the council tax bills come in to me and my wife adressed one for me and a seperate one for her (but they are both exactly the same) so i presume we are both liable for payment.

andromeda411

thats strange - it is normally the one council tax bill with both names on it

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi,

Give Scott & Co a phone and ask for a payment breakdown, you are obviously both paying the same debt so need to know the score regarding how much in total is outstanding.

On an annual basis, employers must provide a statement to each employee subject to an earnings arrestment and to the creditor containing information in relation to sums deducted, dates of deduction, etc.

Edited by maroondevo52

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi all,

thanks for the replies.

we keep a monthly spreadsheet of what i have paid and what my wife has paid. it also keeps track of total paid and remaining balance.

by my reckoning we have a 3 months left so i will phone scott and co after 2 and see what they say

thanks again