Talk Talk Billing Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved from Talk Talk to SKY on 20 Feb 2012, I keep on top of my bills being a doley, and kept an eye on what was happening, good job too, I paid my charges a month in advance so expected a rebate as my billing date was 15 Feb, as such by my calculation they owed me £15 (they also changed from payment in arrears to payment in advance without my consent) my line was disconnected on the 20th Feb by BT and reconnected to SKY,

the website was down on the day my bill was due, and it took a couple of days to get in and check my bill, good job too as I was being charged a full months fees.

I phoned and spoke to Gavin who had an unmistakeable indian accent - and a deep one at that (never met an indian called Gavin) he told me that as I hadn't called them I was by law obliged to pay the bill.

I explained that as the line was disconnected the service was not provided and therefore no payment was due and that the company had been informed by both BT and SKY.

He said no they had received no notification off either company.

I explained, that their internal communication problems were no concern of mine, I said I want a refund and I was cancelling my DD which I did straight away.

I am now on the second letter and awaiting the contact from the Debt collection agency.

I am also dealing with an old lady who within weeks of the death of her husband got quite offensive letters from the company threatening legal action, I called the help desk and got the run around I explained that this was a courtesy call and I was just letting them know she was changing provider, The operator told me we just had to go through a few questions. I explained this was a courtesy that they were abusing, I had better things to do on a Saturday than talk to him, and if they wanted to know what was wrong with their company they should read some of the letters that they had sent this poor lady, it wasn't up to me to sort their company out, that's the job of your managers, and if they wanted advice I would gladly come in and sort out their organisaton at a cost of £40 per hour as a consultant.

I think with that they were shaken

I have tried emailing Stephen Rawlinson and Charles Dunston , and their email accounts seem strangely disconnected btw, has anyone got a working email addy for either of these idiots

Hi spy

Welcome to CAG

We've got a Talktalk Rep on this site who can look into the matter, clearly if they can't help then escalate the matter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?345592-TalkTalk-Offical-Company-Rep

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been created for you.

I would also say, the TalkTalk rep cannot be contacted and will find his way here eventually. To be a little pro-active, take a read of their "complaints code of practice" located HERE and follow that to escalate your complaint. Also, dido.harding@talktalkplc.com is the CEO's email address if that helps

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

(the CEO herself) :p

Keep us updated :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Dear Stephen,

I am very sorry that you have had to contact me directly to resolve this . I have asked one of my team to investigate this immediately, and we will be in touch asap.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Dido

feeling smug this morning, got a phone call from someone in Talk talk and an email with direct contact details. refunded my previous months charges, albeit by cheque . I have responded positively thanking them for their intervention and added the following

1) Communication is about listening as well as talking – No one was listening, that is why I got angry.

2) If Stephen Rawlson is going to send me a letter (even though it is clearly sent in his name) then please include a return address or a direct telephone number, I reserve the right to address issues with my accuser.

3) The telephone menu is a nightmare everyone hates it, it would be good to give departmental numbers rather than go through the whole process, i.e billing = 0875 333 333

4) As you have done, take responsibility for your customer, I saved a 20 million pound contract by although a temporary billing clerk, once by taking charge, calling the customer directly to gather details, asking him to wait whilst I investigate but giving my desk phone number, and promising to ring back in twenty minutes with the results of my investigation, once I saw something suspicious I gave my contact in the organisation my mobile number to contact me if there were issues. It turns out that the company was being defrauded to the tune of £2000 per day, the manager in charge of the contract hadn’t noticed the sudden rise in the bill; they went onto better things. Within 4 weeks we had recovered over £70,000 in fraudulent charges. In 12 months working for the company I had a list of high level customers that phoned me whenever they had a problem.

5) When answering the phone your Indian staff assume English identities, it fools no one and starts the call off with a lie. Have more respect for your customers

6) No one can understand some of your Indian call centre staff, some of the men have deep heavily accented voices that cannot be understood. It isn’t racism it is simply a communication issue

7) In any business your customer is everything, they deserve respect, you may know more than they do, but do not belittle someone who is paying your wages.

It is clear some of your staff care about what they do. Some customers are bad uns and trying it on, do not let them spoil it for the vast majority who are decent people