DCA - and Ex Directory

Allyxia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes it sucks. I for sure would look to gleanmore knoweldgein this area to be able to fully challenge the CRA right to display incorrect info!!! Surely its liabelous!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm still sounds dodgy to me though!!!!

BTW, just waitign to hear back from courts re "set aside" for the CCJ.

Had the cheque back this am as Id made it out to the court not HMCS - doh!!!!

Hope Ive written the correct thing, so it gets set aside!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

To me as well, however it's not a rational person you need to convience, its a policy that rides roughshod around the Data Protection Act because it was designed that way to allow firms the scope to do what they do.....!

I have found in my endevours that by the forth letter, highlighting each little tiny part of DPA to them, in the end they reply with a standard "because we can" letter!!!

Ultimately - its going to have to be court action!!!

Allyxia

• 2 weeks later...

i had to change my phone number due to extreme harrasment day and night from numerous companys selling lones morgages etc etc even though i joined the telephone preference it still didnt stop calls getting through.

to cut a long story short i changed my phone number and to my horror i am now recieving numerous calls from a company meant for the previous owner of my new phone number.

in total they have rang me over 20 times 3 times a day i have started off polite first explaining that this no no longer belongs to mrs **** so they proceeded to sell me a morgage.

then i asked them please do not call me again they still keep phoning.

then i was a little firmer and asked to speak to a manager he listened to what i had to say then went on to try and sell me a morgage.

then i put my partner on to see if he could get them to stop ringing they said they would guess what they are still phoning.

now i have resorted to abuse every time they phone and they are still ringing this is just a small selection of conversations i have had with this company.

i want to take action against them as it is illegal to continue to phone someone when you have been asked not to under the wirless act but ther telephone number is from a network unable to transmit numbers.

help i am going crazy with this company

No - the 'wireless act' is dead as far as this problem is concerned. As you have already changed numbers, it was just sods law you were allocated a number that had not been suspended for a reasonable amount of time. (BT used to block for 3 months on residential numbers, now they don't). Call your provider and tell them since the swap wou are being hounded by call for the previous subscriber, thry should arrange a free re-number, and take more care in ensure the replacement has been out of circulation for considerably longer.

i had to change my phone number due to extreme harrasment day and night from numerous companys selling lones morgages etc etc even though i joined the telephone preference it still didnt stop calls getting through.

to cut a long story short i changed my phone number and to my horror i am now recieving numerous calls from a company meant for the previous owner of my new phone number.

in total they have rang me over 20 times 3 times a day i have started off polite first explaining that this no no longer belongs to mrs **** so they proceeded to sell me a morgage.

then i asked them please do not call me again they still keep phoning.

then i was a little firmer and asked to speak to a manager he listened to what i had to say then went on to try and sell me a morgage.

then i put my partner on to see if he could get them to stop ringing they said they would guess what they are still phoning.

now i have resorted to abuse every time they phone and they are still ringing this is just a small selection of conversations i have had with this company.

i want to take action against them as it is illegal to continue to phone someone when you have been asked not to under the wirless act but ther telephone number is from a network unable to transmit numbers.

help i am going crazy with this company

Either get a whistle from a toy shop and blow this down the phone to them or, simply put the phone down and walk away leaving them to talk to themselves. They rely on people' inate politeness to maintain the call.

The next thing to try if you ar with BT is to get the "Choose to refuse" service. After a call, you key a code on your keypad and all calls to your line from that number are blocked.

Choose to Refuse doesn't work for calls made to a phone using VoIP (where the inbound number is 'International' ) - if there's no long-term attachment to the number, a replacement with one more suitible is usually best, as the current number may still carry hidden baggage from other potential callers.

it a nightmare isnt it?

I signed up for MPS as well and I still get 5 loans or credit card apps through per day!!!!!

Allyxia

They may have got through under the 'specially selected company' category if you've been less than attentive when filling in an application form for something. If they are unaddressed, then it's the Royal Mail that is delivering them (usually) and you have to contact their Oxford junk mail department to get them to stop. Check out the link below:

Ministry of Information: Addressing door-to-door junk mail

nah I dot my I and cros my t dotn not tick or do tick in soime cases every single thing to stop these buggers!!!

Wish I could do the same with SPAM receiving around 40 per day despiet norton anti spam!

Allyxia

Personally, I think this practice of "tick this box if you do not want to receive XXX" needs to be clamped down in favour if "tick this box if you DO want to receive XXX".

I've noticed that (maybe because of some US legisliation) websites have already moved to this notion, but typically with the checkbox set to be ticked by default!

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

MEAGIN

what I have noticed is this

Tick this box if you want specially selected items sent you

Tick this box if you dotn wnat us to share you info with specially selected companies.

In other words you have to tick one to stop it and leave the other blank to stop it, most people depending on which way round it come wil either leave both blank to stop it or tick both boxes to stop it.

Does this makes sense?

Have a read the next time you see it!!!

Allyxia

You've really got to be alert on these, and some use such tortured English that using a double negative means that you've no idea what you're agreeing to. In these case I cross out the whole paragraph when posting a form, but online that's no comfort!

I know se my bit on spam I tell you grrrr

Allyxia

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

A thought or 2 for you about phone calls: I'm ex-directory but I still used to get unwanted calls as my number is 'easy' to remember. I signed up for BT Privacy- free caller ID and registration to TPS, I also paid for anonymous call rejection. Works a treat- nuisance calls dropped off almost immediately.

With FleXtel, you can now have a service called number presentation, so if a caller rings you on 0870 xxxxxxx, this is the number that shows up in your caller ID, not their number. Pro: you get 1 number for the bank, store it in the phone and you know it's them; con: you don't know who rang you because you can't see it (unless you also have their email alert service which send you a message to say 0xxxx called your 0870xxxx number today). All very clever. Works well for me- my bank have an 0870 number for home, 1 for work, and my mobile, that's all.

Try it, BT Privacy and FleXtel are free, and you never know, you might earn a couple of quid from FleXtel if your bank really love you!

Adam

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

Just a teeny correction - BT Privacy is now no longer 'free' the rules changed in October that meant BT would actually charge for BT Privacy as a service if there were no calls made from the line - I think you had to make 2 per month of 6 per quarter to ensure you did not get billed for it.

As to the FlexTel number presentation, what is shown to you is customisable, you can select whether you receive the incoming number shown, OR the alert that it is your 0870 number that is being called - the system is cleverer than you think! (You can change the option via the control panel).

• 1 month later...

you can register with.. OptOutUK ™ - How to Stop Nuisance Phone Calls costs nothing to register and the idiot calls really do stop. if any persist after you have registered, there seems to be legal recourse (except for offshore call centres).

have a look at the website for yourself anyway, it certainly works for us

A further consideration is that if you have already established a relationship with the firm calling you (you've an account or purchased something from them) then an exemprion applies and they can continue to call / harass. Of late, all my genuine nuisance call come in from overseas.