comet selling faulty asus laptops

ronny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i bought an asus laptop from comet store on the 12/08/11 for my little girls birthday as i coudnt afford to buy it cash

my sister kindly offered to use her comet store card which i was very grateful

three months in and laptop wouldnt go on

took it to comet and they said it was nothing to do with them that they have to send it back to the manufactor

that was the first time

got it back on the 11/11/2011

another three month went by and again took it back to comet on the 14 th april as the cursor button was not working

and again comet true to form didnt want to niether give a replacement or a refund

by this time i was really stressed out i have read a few of the notes people are having with comet

and my laptop is still under guarantee

the laptop is still in comets store they phoned me last week

asking me did i want to send it away for repair

i said no as i was not happy with the service and now they say they can set it back to factory settings

but i would lose all my data as some folk are saying your banging against a brick wall

and the only way to get any result is to take them to court next step

Most courts offer shorter sentences!

There seems to be quite a few entirely new posters featuring very distinctive styles of writing.

Might be a cynic to suggest they could perhaps all come from the same IP?

Edited by Bang!

Formal Complaint to Comets CEO is needed

laptops are not cheap.

List all the faults all the bad customer service

ans tell them they (Comet) are totally responsible

for ensuring you have a working product.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Most courts offer shorter sentences!

Is there a pont to this post.???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Isn't it the case that you can reject the goods for a full refund and the seller (Comet) has to prove that there is no fault rather than the buyer (Ronny) proving there is one?

I'm still learning. :wink:

Isn't it the case that you can reject the goods for a full refund and the seller (Comet) has to prove that there is no fault rather than the buyer (Ronny) proving there is one?

I'm still learning. :wink:

You can only reject the goods within a reasonable amount of time, until you have deemed to have accepted it (Which most retailers will say is after you have used it for a few times approx 1 month)

The retailer has to prove that the fault was not their when purchased (this includes something that might not show until later on) within the first six months, after that its for you to prove the fault was there at the time of purchase. (Most retailers will still take that responsibility upto the first year, depending on the item and fault).

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.