Tax credit overpayment - Dispute put on another claim??

jonnyb1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has had a letter from the tax credit office regarding an overpayment from 2004, in a single claim before she met me. She had this also two years ago which we disputed and nothing else was heard (They failed to respond to a letter). Now, a new letter has arrived asking for payment. We sent the overpayment dispute form with only my wifes details in response asking for a full breakdown of the overpayment etc etc. None of my details were entered as this was a single claim at the time.

They have responded today but have put our existing joint claim into dispute which has an overpayment of £40....Im not disputing this whatsoever and this joint claim was never mentioned in the dispute letter.

How do i (and wife) proceed with this? I informed the TCO by phone on our joint claim and they said they can only put a note on the computer but is unlikely to be spotted by the dispute team???????

Im thinking of sending a copy of the dispute letter again with a cover letter stating this is for the single claim and not our joint one and to amend. Also to ask why was it used for our joint claim when my details were never entered and no reference to our joint claim was ever mentioned.

Also to ask if that letter be put on the dispute file to prove that the TCO is not immune to making mistakes as thats what my wifes single claim is all about (The TCO made a mistake but will not admit it).

Have the TCO broke some sort of confidentiality rule, getting the dispute mixed up with a completely different claim.?