Fuzzgun vs Abbey

fuzzgun19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received this email from James Arrandale -

Dear Mr

We would be prepared to settle your claim for £750. I hope that this offer is acceptable to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

James Arrandale

My claim is for £734.00 + £153.72 interest = £887.72 (this is after £180 GOGW taken off)

Do you think I should haggle for the interest, as i assume his offer does not include that, or MCOL cost, or bundle cost?

Should I reply saying I'm prepared to accept £850, including MCOL costs and bundle costs?

What should I write back?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just received this email from James Arrandale -

Dear Mr Whitwell,

We would be prepared to settle your claim for £750. I hope that this offer is acceptable to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

James Arrandale

My claim is for £734.00 + £153.72 interest = £887.72 (this is after £180 GOGW taken off)

Do you think I should haggle for the interest, as i assume his offer does not include that, or MCOL cost, or bundle cost?

Should I reply saying I'm prepared to accept £850, including MCOL costs and bundle costs?

Should I attach my schedule of charges to the email?

What should I write back?

Abbey are no position to offer anything less than the full amount. ie charges + interest+ court costs + costs of bundle. Tell him Abbey are clearly in default, if they don't settle immediately you'll apply for judgement and make an application for costs. Enclose a copy of the letter you sent to court.

Costs: Template Application Letter

Application for costs

I have drafted this email, could someone tell me if it sounds ok?

Any suggestions welcome.

Dear Mr Arrandale,

Thankyou for your reply.

As the total of my claim is £887.72 (after gesture of goodwill taken off), and I have spent a number of hours on court bundles, and money on consumables for the court bundles, I would be willing to accept an offer of £850.00.

As my Abbey account is currently with a debt collector, I would like to request payment by cheque.

I did not receive a court bundle from Abbey, and have sent the court a 'Strike out defence' request, which I have attached a copy.

I have also attached my schedule of charges for your information.

I look forward to your reply.

I have drafted this email, could someone tell me if it sounds ok?

Any suggestions welcome.

Dear Mr Arrandale,

Thankyou for your reply.

As the total of my claim is £887.72 (after gesture of goodwill taken off), and I have spent a number of hours on court bundles, and money on consumables for the court bundles, I would be willing to accept an offer of £850.00.

As my Abbey account is currently with a debt collector, I would like to request payment by cheque.

I did not receive a court bundle from Abbey, and have sent the court a 'Strike out defence' request, which I have attached a copy.

Fuzzy, if your amount includes Court and AQ fees then go for it, if it doesnt, then add them in, they will pay up

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Dear Mr Arrandale,

Thankyou for your reply.

how many hours have you spent on court bundles? charge them at 9.25 per hour, they are paying this too, apart from that, its great :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Looks good to me, I would be tempted to be stronger on the court bundle non complience, as Michael said not realy in a position to be making offers at this stage in the game. It is up to you but I would try for the full claim + £200 for bundle preperation/costs. If they have not complied with the court then the case will be lost by them for non complience and you win your full claim plus costs if the judge deems fit. As most judges are prety anoid with the banks you stand agood chance of getting costs. The judge at my allocation hearing asked if I had incured costs, even though abbey had settled. Worth a try and why should you accept less than your claim. At the end of the day if you are happy with £850 then go for it.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Hi, Fuzzgun

Be Very Aware As My Self I Have Recieved Full Settlement Offer In Writting Still I Have Not Recieved My Chq After Lots Of Telephone And E Mail I Have Been Told Its In The Post Well My Court Hearing Is On 27feb And I Will Be There In The Court Even Though If I Do Recieve The Chq By Mon Or Tue Because Its Not A Cleared Funds So Here We Go.

you shold inlcude a timeframe when you want the cheque, i gave barclaycard 7 days and had my cheque by return ie 2 days.

If you dont get a settlement witin say 14 days write to the defendant and tell them unless you have the cheque by return you will continue to court and add costs and additional interest.

14 days is the customary period for settling claims i believe.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

ok I have just received this email -

Dear Mr ,

Abbey agrees to settlement at £850, payment of which will be posted by cheque as requested. I attach accordingly a copy of a settlement letter, hard copies of which have today been sent to you by post.

Kind regards,

James

Should I send him a reply email? if so, what should I write?

I have just received this email from shabbey -

Dear Mr ,

Abbey agrees to settlement at £850, payment of which will be posted by cheque as requested. I attach accordingly a copy of a settlement letter, hard copies of which have today been sent to you by post.

Kind regards,

James

My Thread

Guest louis wu

Personnally I would do nothing until the cheque has cleared. Then write to Abbey thanking them for their efforts in cuncluding this issue, and inform them you will write to the court stating that the matter is resolved.

Until that cheque clears, do nothing!!!

Louis

ok I have just received this email -

Dear Mr ,

Kind regards,

James

Is this an acceptance letter from Abbey?

If so read it though to see if your happy if not either amend, initial and date it or write your own and send that back.

If you want some more specific comments then post the details of their letter.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Is this an acceptance letter from Abbey?

If so read it though to see if your happy if not either amend, initial and date it or write your own and send that back.

If you want some more specific comments then post the details of their letter.

HTH

Glenn

I wanted to negotiate settlement via email, James offered £750, I said i'd accept £850, and the above is what he's said in reply....

Fuzz

in the message you typed it says 'I attach accordingly a copy o f the settlement letter'.

My quesiotn was meant to aks about the letter and what it says.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Fuzz

I would add a line that says that the cheque/payment is required within 7 days.

I would also confrim this to them in an email, if they complain tell them thats your terms for settlement, its reasonable bearing in mind who they are.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks Glen. I'm going to reply with this email (is it ok?)-

Dear Mr Arrandale,

Thankyou for agreeing to my requested settlement of £850.00.

I will expect payment by cheque within 7 days of your email, which I think is reasonable time for Abbey to issue a cheque.

I will write to the court to withdraw the claim only upon the cheque clearance. Receiving payment by cheque is my terms of settlement.

Regards

Fuzz I don't see anything wrong with that myself.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA