“Store card debtors to be let off” – new court decision re Santander

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bad news for Santander and a few others... only in the county courts, but will be interesting to see it tested further.

Just shows that banks are very keen to use their T&Cs to push debtors into a corner, but they really don’t like it when the boot is on the other foot – because of their own mistakes born of greed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

And Well done to Watsons of Llandudno!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Good news, but I wonder how many people with these dodgy store card agreements will have their attention drawn to the above judgement?

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Hopefully it will be well promoted by CAG as well as the other fora and consumer sites. You can lead a horse to water...