Just a question about Sanctions on Jobseekers.

upthereds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I received a letter from A4e about a missed appointment and that they was referring this back to the job centre which could result in a sanction for me, The thing is i rang and cancelled this appointment but because ive been given a new advisor they never cancelled it, it seems anyway.

How long does it normally take to receive a letter from the job centre about being sanctioned?

Thank you for any help u may be able to give me

You won't receive a letter from the JCP, it will be the DMA team based within the DWP processing offices. They will write out to you to ask your reasons for not attending and those reasons will be considered in line with the legislation and regulations for Job Seekers Allowance.

Your payments will continue as normal during this period and you will be notifed directly from the Benefit Centre if a sanction is imposed on your claim.

As you are with the Work Programme the JCP will have no involvement with any referrals for the Work Pogramme sanctions and will not be able to even discuss the possible sanction with you, you will be directed back to the providers.

So when i go to sign on today they wont say anything or be able to inform me of any action being taken? And i will still receive payment from todays signing on?

As everyone knows A4e is rubbish, i've not seen my adviser since before christmas due to him cancelling appointment after appointment even the odd time when ive attended a appointment he was not even there due to not telling me it was cancelled. I've expressed my concerns about this to the JCP and they've told me to make a formally complaint to A4e of which im in the process of doing. Also ive been given a new adviser of which i didn't know until i received this letter about them referring my missed appointment to the JCP and from my phone call that followed to them.

I appreciate your help :)

Thank you very much.

Yes unless the paperwork has been submitted and decided then you should receive your payment as normal. The person you sign with may check if any sanctions have been imposed but this is not normal practise during the signing intervention as the signing team are not processing officers.

All you can do is raise the complaint as advised as JCP are not allowed to get involved now .

JCP are no longer having any involvement as we have been advised that the providers signed contracts declaring that they would follow things correctly, this isn't happening perfectly clear to see but customers and us at the JCP so if they can't deliver let the complaints be noted and actione so the governement can see the mess they allowed to happen