Query about old HFC/Beneficial Finance Loan with PPI ** SUCCESS **

Foebane72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One thing though, Ims, is that I'm not sure if I should have made a copy of the questionnaire, spreadsheets and covering letter I sent off to the bank originally, as it turns out my original files have been damaged or were never saved. Can I ask the bank for a copy of the PPI claim info I sent or does it actually matter now?

If you are happy with the amount offered then you don't need the papers although it is always a good discipline to keep copies for future reference

Also, I don't really want to hold onto all the old data on printed sheets that the HFC bank sent me so I could make the claim in the first place. Should I wait until all my debts with HFC are paid off before disposing of them (by fire, preferably)?

If it were me I'd hang on to them because if you have cause to SAR them again you may not end up with the stuff you have now.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

time to scan them all to a multipage pdf

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

freind relative work?

someone must have a autosheet feeder scanner.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

When the PPI claim offer letter came, I signed the right forms and sent them back as soon as I could, but how will I know that they've reduced the amount? I only get a statement from them once a year!

I asked them to reduce the debt as much as possible, and I also asked them to reduce the monthly payments to something like £16-17 instead of £30 - but can a Direct Debit be altered, or will there be a new one set up and I have to remove the old one?

Put basically, will I get a letter stating the new repayment schedule, complete with updated statement, or is it up to me to call them?

I don't even know if the signed forms were returned to them, I never sent it Recorded Delivery or anything. I'm sure I wrote down the return address correctly, though.

And would it really take up to 28 days to process, as they claim?

i've known them to take 3mts!!

dx

and they

Well, I checked my DDs on my Barclays online banking, and it says it's still £30 per month.

Is there a (preferably) free number I can contact HFC Bank on to find out my balance, or even order a statement?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I contacted the number on the site, they gave me a PPI number to call instead, and that lot told me that it would take 28 days as stated, including an extra 5 for something else, but that it would be taken off the account (but only about £860, I thought it was going to be £1200 judging by the forms I filled in).

They assure me the payments will be reduced to £15-16, but I don't see how any bank can alter an existing Direct Debit...?

The aount of a direct debt can be altered by the recipient, yes. It doesn't require a new mandate.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I've just received a settlement statement in the mail, meaning I have to pay back £1830 by the 6th September this year.

But I never ASKED for a settlement statement, only an ordinary balance statement.

What do I do now? Just ignore this statement and continue the repayments as always, or do I have to contact HFC Bank again?

Ask them to provide what you want, i.e. a normal statement of account.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

It's OK, IMS, I called them and they said it was just a statement, not a request for payment. I can ignore it if I want.

In any case, a repayment for the loan was taken out of my bank account last night, and it was the PPI readjusted repayment of £15-16 rather than £30. So that means that the PPI has indeed been successful.

What's more, my annual statement is due soon, and I requested it once the PPI claim was "applied", so I'll know for sure what my readjusted loan repayments will be.

Excellent....so this seems all to be concluded now?

If so I'll mark the thread to reflect your success.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Well, I'll let you know when the statement comes, what the new remaining loan amount will be, I'm not quite sure what it will be - I said it could be down to around £600 left, but I've been told it may be more like just under £1000.

• 2 weeks later...

Ims21, the statement came yesterday, and the amount I owe has been revised from £1830 to just £906 !

The monthly repayment reduction is also on there, and so I think you can consider this a successful PPI claim.

Thank you for your help and advice! :-D

hey well done!!!

dx

and they

Yes excellent....congratulations

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions