How to get Copies of files held by Uni

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

The other half was taken to court by her old Uni, unbeknown to us, for tuition fees she does not owe.

They have sent the baliffs round, whom I told to nob off, lol!

However, I am strugling to get info out of the Uni. Talked to them by phone, and they are saying its the soliciters that have done it, not them, and they know nothing about it. The baliffs won't give me any info on the actual case.

I need to write a letter to the Uni demanding copies of all documents relating to the case, her attendance records, copies of emails on her email account and anything else relevant so I can contest the case.

Help?

Thanks.

if she knew nothinng about the court cases get them set aside

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The university are clearly trying to mislead you. It may have been solicitors who issued the claim, but they would have been acting for the university.

You do not say why the CCJ came as a surprise, but the first thing to do is get the judgement set aside.

If the university issues a new claim, then you will be able to get the documents from them through a CPR request. Please start a thread in the Legal Issues forum where you will get plenty of help in dealing with a claim.

However, in the circumstances a SAR to the university now may be £10 well spent.