Speeding Ticket Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I got a speeding ticket on the A9, the laser gun was saying that I did 82 in a 60 zone and the policeman showed me that it was taken at a distance of 880m.

I am sure those guns are not supposed to work over 500m, but putting that to one side, the ticket is made out to my first name, and sir name, but the middle name is Gordon instead of George.....

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

Accept it and pay, 82 in a 60 not good, dont think the middle name will make any difference as to the legality of the ticket could just be a typo, as long as you dont already have 9 points I wouldnt rock the boat.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Range of speed guns depends on the model - 999m is common, I believe there's one which can be used at 1200m if the operator has a very steady hand.

An error on the FPN is of no help to you. It is essentially an offer not to prosecute you if you pay £60 and hand your licence in for endorsement. You either accept the offer, errors and all, or you decline it and let them prosecute you. If they prosecute you the court will be interested in whether you were speeding, not in whether the FPN was filled in correctly.