PCN Validity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted here a couple of years ago regarding a PCN I had recieved and was given some very good advice and showed the council up as they had painted a bay wrong.

I got another PCN today and I remember back when I last posted there was some discussion on the validity of PCNs due to the dates on there. I cannot remember exactly what the issue was but I am hoping someone can enlighten me if I post the PCN and tell me if there is any grounds for appeal.

532210_10151438209585627_744940626_23534107_866063418_n.jpg

First advice would be to take down the image and re-do it without identifiers such as car Registration Number, PCN number, etc.

With that information it may be possible for people tomake some mischief - as well as the Local Authority to be prewarned.

First advice would be to take down the image and re-do it without identifiers such as car Registration Number, PCN number, etc.

With that information it may be possible for people tomake some mischief - as well as the Local Authority to be prewarned.

Hello there.

I've unapproved the post with the personal information on the PCN as a precaution to protect you. You should be able to repost and blank out identifying details if you're better then I am :). I expect guys here will help you if you need it.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I am not sure! I remember reading on this forum a couple of years ago (when I last had a PCN) that the PCN must have the date of the contravention and the date you have to pay by or something along those lines? I was hoping someone could tell me from the pic I posted if there is any error on the PCN I could appeal for. I was broken down on double yellow lines and went to get jump leads from a mate and came back to a PCN. I was gone less than 2 minutes and didn't even see the parking attendant. I was apparently observed from 1021 to 1021 so from 0-59 seconds. Not really fair in my opinion.

Not really fair in my opinion.

You were apparently parked where no waiting or loading is permitted why is the PCN not fair? Looking at the front of the PCN it contains all the required info so getting off your misdemeanour on a technicality is unlikely.

You were apparently parked where no waiting or loading is permitted why is the PCN not fair? Looking at the front of the PCN it contains all the required info so getting off your misdemeanour on a technicality is unlikely.

I do not think it is fair because my vehicle had broken down, not parked and waiting or loading. If I had a choice of where to break down I would of done it in the vacant parking space about 4 metres ahead of me not on the double yellow lines! I had to get jump leads, get someone to jump start my van and then get home and fit a new alternator. I don't think its fair to give people who have broken down a ticket. What next? People who have been in an accident getting PCNs?

I do not think it is fair because my vehicle had broken down,?

perhaps it would have been helpful if you had stated that in your first post, and that may have helped G&M give further consideration regarding grounds of appeal!

perhaps it would have been helpful if you had stated that in your first post, and that may have helped G&M give further consideration regarding grounds of appeal!

The post G&M quoted, not in full, does state I had broken down. But thanks anyway!

Have you got a dated receipt for the new alternator?

No, but I am sure I can get one as its a friend who repairs and refurbishes them.

Then I would appeal on the basis that you had broken down, had the vehicle removed with the minimum of delay, and enclose a copy of the receipt as proof of the cause of the breakdown

Brillaint, thanks for your advice. I was going to do this anyway but though if there is any other technicalities I could use in my defence it it wouldn't hurt to know about them.

Breaking down is not an exemption in itself besides if the car ran after being jump started then it probably wasn't the alternator anyway a jump start only assists a dead battery if the alternator is duff then the car would not run once the jump leads are removed as the power to run the car comes from the alternator does it not?

I am not sure if you are hinting that I am lying, which is a bit of a s**tty thing to do, or offering advice on my engine. Either way after ten years as a diesel engine mechanic I am quite sure a vehicle can run for a limited time solely on batter power alone. Especially a non electrically fuel injected engine and in the day time when you do not have your headlights etc. Same reason you can still use your electrics with the ignition on but the engine not started.

I am not sure if you are hinting that I am lying, which is a bit of a s**tty thing to do, or offering advice on my engine. Either way after ten years as a diesel engine mechanic I am quite sure a vehicle can run for a limited time solely on batter power alone. Especially a non electrically fuel injected engine and in the day time when you do not have your headlights etc. Same reason you can still use your electrics with the ignition on but the engine not started.

Why did it stop then if it was able to run off the battery in the first place? I'm not accusing you of lying its just your story does not make any sense unless you were already parked on the restriction and then unable to start. A jump start does not charge a battery it just starts the engine and then the altenator kicks in and produces power to run the car.

If you think about it you will figure it out. Battery goes flat vehicle stops. Connect jump leads from another vehicle get charge in battery. Drive a mile or so home. Not hard is it?? Don't know why I'm explaining it to you you've not offered any constructive advice you just seem to be another internet forum sad act who finds enjoyment being a pedantic Piers Morgan.