Payday Express plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having trouble with Payday Express they keep calling my work number requesting for payment although the debt was settled 2 weeks ago, I have phoned them numerous times and requested them to update the system to indicate know more debt is outstanding, it's driving me crazy and very embarrassing... I'll try writing to them also as their customer service staff really don't seem to be phased or even care about the issue.

Ceri,

Have you registered a formal complaint? If not, fire one straight off in writing.

Have you also forwarded the "no telephone call" letter?

Also, i'd suggest forward details of the calls to the OFT; they've released the following report last week specifically commenting on PDL's abusing the facility of calling customers at work. I've copied a key aspect from the report. I'd be interested to know why any PDL (although PDE are masters of ignorance) why regulations and guidance does not apply to them?

Page 16 -

4.38 Issues highlighted in complaints included aggressive debt collection practices, such as threats to coerce payment and excessive collection charges, persistent and excessive telephone calls, including calling consumers at their place of work

http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/credit/payday-lenders-compliance-review/

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Hi Toptrapper,

Thanks allot, I am writing to them a formal complaint right now... I'll wait to see if that has any reaction as the phone calls really are falling on deaf ears.

Am I correct in thinking the telephone letter is in fact a 3rd party service that costs? Potentially these calls I've received from Payday Express maybe have been recorded via reception who route them to my extension but I haven't asked due to the embarrassment.

I don't want to spend too much time on this and hoping the letter I am writing now will have the impact i'm looking for, I'm going to send first class recorded so they have to sign upon receipt, that way there is no excuses. Proceeding this if I do not get a call or response in a few days I will take it further with the OFT, I can use that in the letter as a ploy to get them to reply faster.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Thanks again,

Ceri

Don't be surprised if you're ignored by Payday Express, at least this way lodging a complaint any calls that are made to you can be used as evidence for OFT and FOS if you decide to go down that route.

Not sure what you mean by a 3rd party letter? I was referring to this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Good luck.

O.K thanks, for some reason the last link posted went to a different page, I get it now.

The letters are sent to Payday Express now so It's a waiting game... hopefully they won't call my work place any further but 3 times in the past week is ridiculous and their customer service are like drones talking off scripts even when it comes to complaints and their handling, I even spoke to a floor supervisor who proved to be equally useless as the calls still kept coming.

Thanks for all your help and sorry but I could to reply to your PM as I'm a newbie here, got to make 30 posts first apparently.

Hope the info was some use.

Did you get the name of the floor supervisor? If so, make sure you use their name for your complaints in addition to time and dates of their calls. Unfortunately, your experience mirrors much of what other Caggers have experienced at the hands of these people. Good luck, keep fighting, you'll get there in the end.

Hi,

Yes I got the supervisors name and included it in the letter along with loads more information regarding times and dates of calls, still no reply and received another 2 calls last week, fingers crossed next week will be the week but with the time of the year it's probable their investing more of their time in robbing others blind and ruining their reputations rather than respond to customer service queries and complaints, only time will tell...

They have not personally acknowledged receipt but I can see by the tracking number that the letter has been signed for at that address on wednesday the 5th at 11:25, 6 days later now and no reply so their either taking their time or doing nothing...

In my experience, it's probably both.

FSA rules require firms (which includes Payday Express despite them wanting you to believe otherwise) to "send the complainant a prompt written acknowledgement providing early reassurance that it has received the complaint and is dealing with it".

I'd suggest 6 days sitting on a complaint is in no way prompt?