Barclays ( The Sheriffs Are Coming )

barry_2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is a programme with High Court Enforcement Officers enforcing against a Barclays Wealth high court writ.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01f8r1m/The_Sheriffs_Are_Coming_Episode_5/

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

Yes, this is an interesting programme which I'm recording through this week.

Unfortunately in the episode linked above, the Claimant named the Defendant incorrectly as Barclays Wealth and the Sheriffs were unable to act on the Writ.

The Claimant should have named them as Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclays Wealth.

We give the same warning to those taking action against Barclaycard, who should be sued as Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?173450-Use-the-right-name-when-Filing-against-BC

Just goes to show, using High Court Sheriffs is all well and good, but you should use CAG first !! :wink:

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Cag can not knock on doors. :violin:

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

Cag can not knock on doors. :violin:

No, but we CAN help folk make sure they send the Sheriffs to knock on the right doors !! :yo:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Would you do that for companies?

suffering.

Would you do that for companies?

Sorry, would I do what for companies.

Make sure that the HCEO goes around to the correct door for companies.

Or would you simply signpost someone to an another organisation?

suffering.

As has been the case in many claims made by CAGgers against Barclaycard, CAG has helped Claimants ensure they sue the correct legal entity or company in the first place.

I think I will stay with the sheriffs.

suffering.

Interesting programme as its the exact opposite of 'Bailiffs' which usually showed aggressive bailiffs hounding people who had nothing or very little to start with, whereas The sherriffs are coming shows only Joe Public trying to get money back from companies, trouble is after watching it, many companies still get away with paying nothing through clever accounting, vehicles on hire purchase, etc.

Interesting to see how many people have won Employment Tribunals and the government would have you believe its always employees in the wrong.

Andy