Comet, terrible service, miss delivery 3 times, messy system

tanyayao
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. I have purchased a TV for £999 from Comet on the 17 Feb 2012. (Money paid to Comet Croydon store)

2. I was told at that time that the TV was not in stock for me to take away from the store but is available for delivery.

3. I picked the delivery date of 29 Feb and took a day off work to wait for the delivery.

4. The delivery has not turned up.

5. Then I made a phone call to the customer helpline 08712009009 and explained the situation. I was told that the stock was not available for delivery and it will have be rescheduled.

6. I then received a call from the Croydon store saying the stock was still not available and will be available on the 8 March. I then said instead of waiting for the delivery, I shall come in and pick it up from the store. And because of the journey to Croydon was caused by Comet, she checked with her manager and agreed to cover my patrol. She then said that the store shall have it around the 10 March, and promised she will give me a call when it approaches that date to confirm.

7. I waited until the 14 March (or could have been the 12 March) and have never received that call.

8. Then I called the direct store number this lady from Croydon offered me which had nobody picking up. I then rang the 0871 number again and explained the situation.

9. The customer service agent who answered the call then called the store and told me that the product is discontinued. I need to speak to the store to discuss options such as buying the display model, equivalent model or refund .

10. I then demanded: a compensation of my lost time and the trouble caused. This person said this was because the store should have not processed sale in such a way so I have to seek for compensation with them.

11. I also asked him to tell the store to call me to discuss what options do we have before I make a journey. He then said he did not think the store would speak to me because he has ‘told’ me what I should do. I said I would need to discuss with the store which option is possible first before physically attending to Croydon. He then said he’s told me what is the best to do and whatever action next would require my signature.

12. I then went back into the store on the 17 march, explained to the store staff about what has happened in the PAST 1 MONTH and what the customer services has told me.

13. The store staff checked the stock and said yes this model of TV was not in stock and you could not have it. The store then refused to issue any compensation saying that cannot come from them, it would have to be the head quarters meaning speaking to the customer service hotline. I said we could call them now and I do not liked to be kicked as a ball between you two parties within Comets. It should be resolved within Comet. The store staff said their landline cannot call the 0871 comet customer service number.

14. Then the options were discussed. (1).The display model has been there for more than 9 months and working 12+hours a day. And they are only willing to offer a 10% discount on that. The staff has suggested me not to take it. (2). None of the equivalent/ close by models were available in stock.

15. another store staff checked on the system again and told me that the system said there would be 180 new ones of this model come into stock on the 26 March, and available for delivery on the 28 March. My option would be either to wait for the delivery or get refund

16. Because I was not planning on a refund when I came and had the idea in mind that there would be other ‘options’ available, I did not bring the 3 D glasses (which were part of the offer on that TV) with me. To get a refund, I need to go back and fetch the glasses. I said that was exactly why I said I wanted to speak to you before I come because if I knew there was not really any other options, I would have brought it with me. the response was they themselves have roars with the customer service team as well, they are just trying to kick the ball back to us.

17. I then said I still like that TV and giving that is the only option I have, I can wait for the stock. They then scheduled another delivery date which is 31 March. I said as it happened twice before, the promised stock did not show up. I would like to be certain that the TV will be available in comet and confirm the delivery team would turn up on that day. The store staff then said ‘unless you physically stake a stock with you, there can never be a 100% guarantee that it will be delivered on time.’ I then said my money was taken for 100%. Then store staff said they can check on Monday, and explained because the buying department is not working on Saturday, they can only confirm with them on Monday about whether or not they have actually bought the 180 stock it said on the system. Then he offered to call me on Monday the 19 March to confirm. I have left my personal mobile number as well as day time work line number.

18. Then I waited until today, 21 March, which is a Wednesday, 2 days late for the promised confirmation date. I have not yet received any call.

19. I phoned the store directly instead and a lady who picked up the phone took my order number and checked on the system as well as contacted the deliver team. It again changed on the system saying that it would only be available on the 30 march and 31 delivery is tight. They would like to push the date back again. which means, no guarantee on how many more times this date could has been pushed in the future.

Until this moment, the whole experience I received was unpleasant and horrible. I felt what I have paid my money for was nothing else but trouble and waste of my time. throughout the whole experience of talking to your Comet staff, a consistent and surprising attitude I received from almost every single one was that ‘it was not me personally dealt with that before’. I understand that dealing with an angry customer is not a pleasant job. But customers are not responsible for getting to know each and every individual who works for comet. Customer only recognise these bright colour-shirt dressed men and women as ‘comet’. What they do and say should not be representing themselves as in individual but the business. Instead of showing the interest in understanding why the customer is angry and reflect what Comet as a business has done wrong and go out to help the customer, they are more interested in making sure they would not be held responsible. During the conversations that I had with the staff, I was told that they have a lot of complaints about missing a delivery date due to out of stock and the delivery team does not contact the customer. And if they knew they had a flaw in the system, they should have taken some actions about it or at least make customers aware. Instead what Comet did was put the customers at risk and waste their time.

If you paid by Credit Card / Visa Debt, you could contact your Card Provider and ask to do a Chargeback,

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

Your experience of comets has been experienced by others, you would think that they want to do business with you, they can't even supply the product.

Hi tanya ,

Not good at all , you still have not received your Tv as they have no stock so therefore no cast iron delivery date despite their excuses they have your £999.00.

You have been kept waiting despite many failed promises for over a month and as yet still no sign of the goods you paid for in good faith .

Personally I would be digging out the 3 D glasses and returning to the store TODAY to demand a full refund .

Probably no chance of any compensation for all your troubles I would put it down to a shocking customer experience and shop elsewhere for your Tv.

Your kind of issue regarding monies paid up front and still no sign of the goods after a month is usually with regards to purchases made from Online Companies .

It would seem it is now spreading to one of our better known Retail Park Retailers unfortunately .

Regards

GorgieBoy

Hi Tanya

If the Customer Service is this bad now, putting aside that they can't even supply the product after a month, what will the Customer Service be like when you do get the product?

Hi Tanya

If the Customer Service is this bad now, putting aside that they can't even supply the product after a month, what will the Customer Service be like when you do get the product?

I never mentioned that rebel I did not want to upset tanya too much , things are bad enough just now for her .

That would be for another day !

Regards

GorgieBoy

they actually replied. Please see below:

Dear Ms

I acknowledge receipt of your email however, to enable us to deal with the points you have raised we will need more information than you have provided. Therefore, may I ask you to send us any relevant information which may include order or delivery references with any relevant addresses and upon receipt we will respond further.

Yours sincerely

Cara Winstanley

Administration

Managing Directors Office

cid:image001.jpg@01CBBC99.7D2B29B0

Hi tanya ,

It is good that they have replied but if there is no stock not much the Directors Office can do apart from offering you perhaps a different Model of Tv or even a more expensive model and they absorb the cost for all your inconvenience suffered it is worth suggesting that to them .

Personally I would still be looking out the 3D Glasses..................

Regards

GorgieBoy

Why put yourself through all the pain, just take the glasses back and get a refund if the price is lower theyre, than anywhere else just get a price match from a reputable company. I hope Comet dont go under for the people who work theyre, but theres only one way that companys going and thats under, thats unless it has a whole new rethink to how to act like a reputable company, but maybe its too late for that and the damage has been done, i know loads of people who have been treated really badly by Comet. I spoke to one of their customer services people the other day and i pointed out if you google comet and aftersales there are thousands if not more unsatisfied customers.

• 3 weeks later...

hi just looking at the complaints about comet i think they all to be called COMET WE RIP OFF as my son got us a 40in tv for xmas we set it up on the 25 of dec by the 28 it had gone wrong phoned comet just to be told what do you want us to do after a heated phone call they sent a man out to look at it he but the tv on the floor and the nose stopped so he let by the time he stared his car the tv went so i had to phoned yet he would not come back as he was going for a cup of tea so back on the phone to comet 2 days latter they called back to say they where picking the tv up and took it off for repair the tv come back in 7 days set it up the girl from comet phoned to say they had put full new in sides in the tv but here we are with the tv makeing the same nose so back on to comet and they sent out a repair man hes just looked at the tv and said they had not put a new insides in but they put in a new screen and he is not sure where the nose is comeing from so ive now been on to tradeing standers and im asking for a full refund comet are going to try to get back to me today but all i can say is ANY ONE THINKING OF USEING COMET STOP AND LOOK AROUND AS THEY JUST RIP YOU OFF