Could I claim PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

Me and my partner took out a loan with the halifax a few years ago, and were sold PPI. I dont think the lady specifically said that our loan would be refused if we didnt take PPI, but it was definately implied, however she did say we were more likely to be accepted for the loan if we did.(we actually had good credit at the time). I know we had initially said no, especially not really knowing what it meant, but obviously we wanted to get accepted so agreed.

I think a few years later poss 1/2 I got a call from the bank regarding the loan (well i presume it was for that loan, we had 2) asking how getting the loan went and were we happy? obviously not knowing about mis-selling back then, we just thought it was all the norm and said yes.

The thing is I want to know is could we claim on this as we defaulted on the loan after a few years I think, and I think the PPI stopped when the debt got passed to a DCA. I mean it might not even be worth claiming as I said we fell behind after poss 2/3 if that, and with the loan not fully paid off not sure if its even poss.

I am about to start repaying this loan when I set up a payment plan, but will probably get all my papers just to check, but i'm pretty sure the PPI stopped a long time ago. As we couldnt keep up with repayments.

Thanks

BTW,

When we took out our mortgage, we were also given insurance TMP- total mortgage protection.

We never had a choice in this and were told we had to have it........is that correct with it being a mortgage or is that mis-sold aswell??. This also stopped about 2/3 years ago as we fell behind with payments on the mortgage,(had it for about 6 years i think),

so we just got a letter 1 day saying it was cancelled.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...