Two Unpaid Defaults on my Credit File however my Score is 999?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this.I recently checked my credit report and my score is 999 even though I have two defaults against my file, 10k and 4k.The report states 'A defaulted account is removed from your report after six years whether or not you have paid the debt in full. If you have paid some of the debt off, the balance should show how much you still owe.'They were taken out over 6 years ago and I haven't made any payments in the last 1 year.Is the above correct? Should I really have a score of 999? And if this IS correct does this mean that I will be eligible for a credit card or even a mortgage?Would really like to know if the 999 actually means anything.Many thanks for all your help.

If the defaults are over 6 years old they should not appear on your credit file and you can ask for them to be removed. A good credit score will mean you can apply for credit. However they can still refuse you because of the defaults. Mortgage companies can and do refuse you with defaults.

That is very helpful thank you.

I noticed today that Britannica Arrow seem to have bought the debt. Am I still eligible to ask them to remove the default?

Many thanks

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this.I recently checked my credit report and my score is 999 even though I have two defaults against my file, 10k and 4k.The report states 'A defaulted account is removed from your report after six years whether or not you have paid the debt in full. If you have paid some of the debt off, the balance should show how much you still owe.'They were taken out over 6 years ago and I haven't made any payments in the last 1 year.Is the above correct? Should I really have a score of 999? And if this IS correct does this mean that I will be eligible for a credit card or even a mortgage?Would really like to know if the 999 actually means anything.Many thanks for all your help.

I,m not sure you are getting this right, the placing and removal of defaults, 1. A default should be placed timely ie within 6 months of the cause of action.

2. Defaults are removed after 6 years paid or not, this six years runs from the date of the default NOT the start date of the account and as you have paid in the last couple of years the debt cannot be ststute barred.

I would hesitate to comment on your ability to get credit, just remember that multiple applications

in a short period will affect you adversely.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Also I can see in this situation no reason for the removal of the default.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: