0800repair nightmare - I want full refund and possibly compensation? ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all, I hope i'm in the right place, please forgive me if not.

And I am sorry but this is little bit long winded, but please bear wth me!!

I have made a 3 part complaint to 0800 repair, see below and just need advise on what you think I should be asking for in way of refund and possibly compensation, Thanks, and sorry again that it's soo long!

1st part sent on 1st Feb

I wish to make a complaint about the lack of service and actual repair received from your company. I called and booked an engineer and paid £120 for parts and labour. I believe he came on 28 Dec (was so long ago now I can’t remember the exact date! But my account was debited on 29 Dec), He advised that a new control panel and fan were needed, he would go back to yourself and arrange for them to be ordered, I would be contacted to be advised as to whether the parts would be under the £150 budget. I did not get a call.

I called just after New Year to find out if the parts were within the budget and when they would be back to repair, I was told that the spares department would contact me.

They called a day later and left a message asking for the number on the inside of the fridge, I would have thought they would have got this from the engineer who visited in the first place as he must have known that information would be required! I called back the number left on my answer machine and gave the Serial number required, was told the parts would be ordered and someone would get back to me. I called your office again in mid Jan as I had not heard anything (I did not make a note of the date but believe it was around 16 Jan, I’m sure you have this noted somewhere) and was told the parts were ordered on 10 Jan and would take 7 to 10 working days, which would be 24 Jan.

24 Jan came and I received no call to advise if parts had been received, I called and was told that one part had arrived but they were still waiting for the other, and that I would get a call as soon as it arrived. I called again on Friday 27 Jan and was told that someone would chase the suppliers and let me know. I received mo phone call so I called again on Monday 30 Jan and was again told that someone else was dealing with it, chasing the supplier and would let me know.

Today after still receiving no phone call to let me know what was happening I called your office and spoke to Shelly, who put me on hold while she checked with the spares dept, she then came back and told me that the spares dept contacted the suppliers who now have the item in stock and it normally take 5-7 working days for delivery to you, which should be between 8 -10 Feb. As I hope you can appreciate it has been an excessively long time that I have been waiting for my fridge to be repaired, I have 2 young children that have packed lunches at school including things like yoghurts and it has been very difficult with nowhere to store anything, has also been costing me a small fortune in food shopping as I have had to buy meals each day for as I cannot do a normal monthly shopping as again I have nowhere to put it.

I have been very patient so far but today I have now lost my patience after being told that I still have to wait another 5 to 7 working days for the part to come in, and even then I don’t know when an engineer will be here to fit them. I don’t think this is an acceptable service, I paid £120 for a service that I have so far not received, your staff have not even had the decency to let me know what is happening, It has always been myself calling you to find out.

I need to know exactly when I can expect an engineer to come and fix my appliance and I expect some kind of refund to be considered.

2nd part sent on 20th Feb after more problems!!

This is a follow on from my previous e-mail complaint sent to you on 1 Feb 2012 to which I have still not received any reply or even acknowledgement of since.

On 9th Feb I received a call from Shellie, she advised that the parts needed had been received by the engineer and they could now book an appointment for him to return to fix my fridge. I asked her for the next available appointment to which she told me that Monday 13th Feb was the next date available. I told her that was o.k. and she explained that the engineer would call me in the morning to tell me when he would be arriving.

On Monday 13th Feb. The afternoon came and I had yet again not received a call and called the office to find out when the engineer would be coming, the lady I spoke to said it was an all day appointment and I would have been told that, which I was not! She said she would call him, I was put on hold and she came back and said that the call had gone to his voicemail, she had asked him to give me a call. I called again later on and the person tried to call the engineer again and it went to voicemail.The engineer then called in late afternoon (around 5pm or 6pm) only to tell me that he was “miles away" The engineer told me he could not get to me today, he told me he would call the office in the morning and get them to arrange another appointment. I called the office immediately after told them what the engineer had said, I was advised that he was told that he had to attend today, I explained again that he is not going to be attending and that I was obviously not happy about this, it is Half term and I had waited all day for nothing!

At some point in this conversation the lady said that the office controls the engineer’s diary. So my question is why was he booked somewhere so far away that he could not attend to fix my fridge on the day that he had been booked to do so?The lady I spoke to said she would make a note that when the engineer calls the next day he needs to speak to a supervisor.On Tuesday 14th Feb, I again expected a call early in the day to tell me when the engineers would be attending, again I received no phone call so I rang the office to find out when he would be attending. I was told he would definitely be here today. Again I waited and he finally called in the early afternoon and told me he should be here by 5pm.

My fiancé and I have 2 children but it was also Valentines Day so I had a nice dinner planned. I expected the engineer to be here by 5pm and I knew my fiancé would be home by 8pm. I needed to go to the shops but was too worried that I would miss the engineer. 5pm came and went and he had not arrived. At 6.30 he called and said he was on his way (my fiancé tells me that it would have taken him about 40 mins to get to me, so still not enough time for me to go to the shop before he got here) He arrived at 7.50pm! The engineer told me that the previous day was not his fault because the office books his appointment, at this point I did not care to speak to him and he started to look at the fridge again.My fiancé arrived home 10 mins later and I decide to run to the shops quickly although my planned evening was now already ruined and late! I got back at about 8.45 and the engineer had just left. My fiancé told me that the parts he had were wrong!

I called the office immediately and got through to the out of hours staff and expressed my annoyance, and that I would require a supervisor to call me first thing the next morning i.e. 9am!. On Wednesday 15th Feb. As expected I did not get the phone call that I had requested, I waited till around midday before I again called your office, I was then told that the correct parts would be ordered and they would take 7 to 10 working days to arrive.On both the 14th and 15th of Feb I asked when I would get a reply to my complaint sent on the 1st.

I was told that she would find out and get back to me, but to date I have not received even a phone call to tell me that my complaint has even been seen!I’m sure that you understand that this whole situation is completely unacceptable! I have since been on the internet and found a number of very unfavourable reviews of the 0800repair company and I wish I had seen them before I booked with you as I would not bothered.

The service received from the company has been disgusting, each time I was promised a call back I never received one except from Shellie when the initial parts that were ordered became well overdue but that has been the only good thing in this whole experience. I still have no working fridge and assuming that the parts were actually ordered on the 15th then I still have to wait till the 29th and then hope that an engineer will be available straight away. You have been quick enough to debit my account with the £120 fee and then just forgotten me, any other tradesman would not be paid until the job is done but you insist on payment up front which then leaves me basically powerless! I expect a reply to original complaint within 24 hours, I have had no acknowledgement of my last e-mail which is unacceptable.

I also expect satisfactory compensation for the stress and time that this whole thing has taken. I have lost 2 days of the half term last week where I have not been able to take my children out, as I was worried that I would miss the engineer, I have taken time off work and as I said in my last e-mail, it is costing me a lot more money each day as I cannot do normal food shopping as I have no-where to store it safely, this means I have to go to the shop everyday which is a much more expensive way to live.If I do not receive a satisfactory resolution I will report this company to The Trading Standards institute and the Office of Fair Trading.

3rd part sent on 5 March 2012

This is now the 3rd instalment of my complaint you.

Parts 1 and 2 are attached.I called on 20th Feb after sending part 2 of my complaint to the enquiries@0800repair.com address, I spoke to *** ***** as I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that I had sent in a complaint and not even had an acknowledgement. She advised me to send a copy of the attached e-mails to her and she would follow it up. She explained that the correct parts had been re-ordered on 16th Feb 2012 and should be received within 5 -7 working days.

On 23rd Feb (the 5th working day) I called back to check if the parts had been received, The person told me they would call the engineer and find out, I was put on hold and after a few minutes they came back and told me that the call had gone to his voicemail (which seems to happen every time you call him!), I was told they would try again and call me back to let me know. I received no call that day.

On Friday 24th Feb I called again and asked again if part had been received again I was told that they would call the engineer again and see if he had received the, again the person said that the call had gone to voicemail and that they would try again and call me back. I again did not get a call back.

The following week I was extremely busy working, (I work from home so could have taken a call from you at any time!) so I could not call you, but did note that I received no calls with any updates from 0800repair.

On 1st March I called again to find out if the parts had now been received, I was put on hold while the person called the engineer, apparently she called him twice because it went to voicemail the first time, but after a while on hold she came back to me and told me that the engineer had not received the parts so she called the spares department and they told her the parts had been sent to the wrong engineer!! I asked the lady if the engineer who has the parts can just be sent to fix my fridge, she said that he could not as he does not work in my area.

She said that your company were going to get a courier to pick up the parts from the wrong engineer and deliver them to the correct engineer tomorrow (2nd March).

I expressed my anger and annoyance at this delay and my disbelief that it could have happened! I requested to speak to a manager and was told that it wasn’t possible.At this point I became extremely angry, I am now into the 3rd month with no fridge! It is totally unacceptable, the list of errors that you have now made is getting longer and longer. I have two children, and my youngest turned 8 on Saturday 3rd, I explained to the lady I spoke to that I was having people over for her birthday and it was extremely inconvenient that I do not have a working fridge, how do I provide food and drinks for her friends on her birthday? I could not be prepared for her birthday until the day, so that meant I had to go to the shop and buy food for her party on the day, a lot of rushing around and stress for something that I could have done before that but could not as I cannot store food safely without a fridge!

My daughter was also extremely unhappy that I had to drag her around the supermarket on her birthday, she would obviously rather be at home playing with her new toys! I asked the lady to put me through to a manager as I have had enough of waiting and this is the last straw, I have waited long enough and the inconvenience is now too much.

The lady just kept saying that she was trying to help, I do not want to be shouting at your staff but she refused to put me through to a manager and instead said that she would pass my details onto a manager to call me back, she then said it would be a 24 hour call back, I would have expected this to be on Friday 2nd March, but as expected and as I told her would happen I did not get a call from anyone on Friday.

Today I called around 11am and was told no-one was available, The lady took my details and said someone would call me back, I insisted that someone call me back today by 3pm (as I have to pick up children from school) and she said she would pass that on. By 1pm I had not received a call, so called again and again was told that no-one was available and that again they would take my details and call me back.It is now past 5pm and still I have not received a call, I cannot believe that there is no-one available at all and all day to tell me when my fridge is going to be fixed, and I still have not had any response or acknowledgement of my complaint.

This whole situation is totally unacceptable and I require an urgent response.

Just after this last message I got a call and the engineer now has the parts and will be coming tomorrow to fit them.

Then today I got a call from the managing directors assistant as I had found his name and sent a copy of all of these e-mail to him, the lady who called me apologised and said that she will be discussing with her managers to possibility of issuing a PARTIAL refund, she said she would call me back after 3pm today and she has not!!

I now feel that I am entitled to a full refund and maybe more considering everything that I have been through as detailed above but I wondered what you lovely people think?? Any comments are appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read, i'm sorry it was soo long!

Myfamily

Edited by Myfamily

Report them to Consumer Direct and Trading Standards. Speak to your local CAB about taking them to small claims court to recover your original fee and maybe some compo. Hope it goes well.

Oh and you have been VERY calm in this situation, I wouldn't have been lol

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)

Hi DanscoCAB,

Thank you first for being patient and reading all of that, must have been a bit tough at that time in the morning!! :-)

I was thinking about exactly what you said, but obviously i need my fridge fixed so thought I'd wait till he fixed it today and then report them, but guess what happened???

The enginer came around 8am this morning and spent 10 mins here before tellnig me that the fan part is still wrong (apparently the control unit bit is fine, but he has to fit the fan first)

I am beyond annoyed at this point!! The assistant who called me yesterday said she would keep an eye on the job and make sure it gets done. I am sure that I now have a case for full rfund at the very least but should be compensated for all the time off, and my wasted 2 days of the half term, my ruined Valentines day etc!

So here we go again, I'm going to call them now and see how long I will have to wait again!

Many thanks danscoCAB, will be back shortly and let you know what they say!

Are tehy localto where you live if so pop in and sit in reception until the MD agrees to see you. Everytime a visitor comes in make a point of stating your still waiting for your complaint to be resolved just loud enough for the new visitor to hear so they can see what a bunch of muppets this company is and they may think twice about dealing with them. If this company is based in Blackpool according to companies house they are not trading company reg no 06610790

Ha, Ha Smileymiley, I love that idea, unfortunately they're based ni Co Durham (a little bit far away for me)

But you'll love this the assistant just rang me and said they are very sorry (yet again) an as gesture of apology they are sending me flowers!!! and refunding me £60. They said they are sorting out the incorrect part, and possibly getting a different engineer out to me. to be honest I wasn't confident on the engineers ability so hope they can send someone else. but I am not happy with only a £60 refund, i will wait for them to fix it and then get a full refund, I believe that that is the least they can do and if they lose money because of it prehaps it will inspire them to do a better job!!!

Thanks for reading Smilymiley:-)

Yes you were already able to claim a full refund due to the complete cock up by the company but yes you do need a fridge... However due to the amount of times the company have messed up and you are still not sorted, have you thought of buying a cheap one from the paper until this is sorted? Then you can go after the company straight away, not wait another 6 months lol When you do speak to your CAB (08444 111 444 - AdviceLine). They will most likely say to speak to Consumer Direct but will keep a record to follow up.

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)

Hi again DansocCAb,

Yes I did consider it but, no room in my kitchen! I'm going to e-mail them and say that i am nt settling for anything less than a full refund or I will report them to trading stanards. Do you think that's fair?

Hi again DansocCAb,

Yes I did consider it but, no room in my kitchen! I'm going to e-mail them and say that i am nt settling for anything less than a full refund or I will report them to trading stanards. Do you think that's fair?

I was talking about moving the current one somewhere else as it is currently a cupboard lol

From what you have said and the time it has taken, you deserve nothing less than a full refund but I would expect some compo for the time it has taken and distress plus wasted food due to buying on the day. Aim high and if you just get a full refund then its ok ;)

Ah sorry Dansco I see what you're saying, unfortunately this fridge is actually a huge double doored built in american style fridge freezer!! so actually an extra large cupboard! :-)

Well Another engineer came yesterday to confirm model numbers etc and make absolutely sure that the correct part gets ordered.

SoI suppose i just wait now untill they fix it and then send an e-mail saying that I would like a full refund and compo etc, or shuold I do that now - am a bit confused!! :-)

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone, I know this has been a while but here's another part to this story!! I wrote part 4 of the complaint after getting absolutely no written contact from 0800 repair, just phone calls promising to sort it out. So here it is Part 4 sent on 26 March 2012...

Dear Sir or Madam.

I’m afraid this is now part 4 in the saga of this repair.

On 9 March I was told that a different engineer (John) would be coming to my home to look at the fridge, which he did approx 15 mins later. He took all the details such as Model name and number etc, and then went away.

I received a message on my answer machine approx 1 week later saying that the parts had not arrived yet but I would be contacted when they have arrived.

On 21st March I called your office as more than 7 working days had passed and I would have thought that you would have received the parts by now. The lady I spoke to confirmed the problem we had before with incorrect parts and said that new parts had been ordered on 20th March! This is 7 working days after the engineer came – Why? I did point this out to her and explained that it can’t be right as I had already had a message from someone on my answering machine telling me they were on their way but had not arrived yet, but she confirmed that the parts were ordered on 20th. I explained that this was not acceptable and she said she would get someone to call me back, but as usual I did not receive a call back that day.

On 22nd March I called again as no-one had called me on day before. I was told that no-one was available and that I would be called back, I waited and then called again and left another message for someone to call me back. Finally Karen called and explained that the engineer (John) who had visited on 9th March was no longer working for you. So the parts are going to be picked up by courier and delivered to another engineer on Friday 23rd March and that I would receive a call once the 3rd engineer has received them to book an appointment to finally fix the fridge. I expected this call to be on Friday 23rd March but I have yet to receive this call!! It was also not explained why the parts were not ordered until the 20th when the engineer came on the 9th!!

I am now completely at the end of my tether with this. I need to know when this will be done. I have been waiting now since the end of Dec, it is totally unacceptable. I have noted that a partial refund of £60 has been put into my account but I’m afraid this is not good enough. Also you may like to note that after my last e-mail on 5 March and then speaking to Karen she said that your company were sending me flowers, but it is no surprise to me and probably no surprise to you that these did not show up either!!

I do not need flowers, I require a FULL refund and I think you ought to re-read all of my other e-mails and come to a decision on satisfactory compensation for my wasted time, I have taken days of work for no reason. I am completely stressed out by this whole situation, this is turn causes stress to partner and children. I have had to spend a lot more than my normal food budget as I cannot store anything safely, I have had to buy food on the day rather than shop on a monthly basis, which is obviously much cheaper. This is obviously putting a huge strain on our finances, but I can’t risk my family.

I am prepared to go to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair trading and I think you will agree that they will have plenty to work with. I think I have been more than patient and reasonable but I feel that I have been treated very badly by your company.

** So This finally got fixed on 27/03/2012, as the new engineer called me in the afternoon of 26th and said he would be round the next day, in half an hour he was done - so simple it really shouldn't have taken 3 months.

But still I had not had any e-mail reply or postal reply to my 4 part complaint, so on 2 April 2012 I sent this.....

Dear all,

This is my final e-mail to you. I have not had a written reply to my 4 part complaint and not even an acknowledgment that you are dealing with my complaint, this is very unprofessional.

You have not given me any details of your complaints procedure, so I can only assume that you have decided to ignore me,

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you by close of play tomorrow i.e 5pm I be will forward the entire 4 part complaint to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading.

** I then got an e-mail the following day at 17.05 (couldn't even manage a 5pm deadline!!) - see reply below.

Dear Myfamily

I have been advised of your complaint this afternoon and would like to discuss this further with you. I am very sorry for the delays and service you have received so far. I would like to restore your faith in our company and investigate what has gone wrong with your repair. I have left a voicemail on your mobile this afternoon with my direct line which is ******* ******. Please call me on this number, I will be in from 9am tomorrow until 5pm.

Kind Regards

** I replied with this on Wed 4 April 2012....

Dear 0800 repair

I have just tried to ring you on the number provided but it has gone to voicemail with the message that you are on annual leave until Tuesday 3 April?

I am not sure that I really have anything further to discuss to be honest, I have detailed everything in the 4 e-mails that were my complaint, none of which got a written response, but instead more promises that weren’t delivered. All the facts are there so you should have enough to investigate. I don’t think that you can restore my faith in your company.

I would like to have a written response to my complaint along with a full refund and as I think you should also consider compensation based all of the stress, disappointment and out of pocket expenses that I have incurred due to waiting 3 months for a simple repair.

Regards

*** On the 16th APril 2012 I followed up with this as again I had not had any reply!....

Dear Mr 0800 repair

I have not had a response to my e-mail below.

Can you please confirm that you are looking into my complaint and let me know when I can expect a reply.

Thank you.

** Then on 17th April they replied....

Dear Myfamily

Yes I can confirm your complaint is still being investigated. I will be in touch shortly to discuss.

Kind Regards

**** And finally today I have recieved a decision, but do you think I should accept it, Doesn't feel good enough to me but maybe it's the best that I'm going to get - see below....

Dear Myfamily

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have fully investigated your complaint and looked through your repair history. I am very sorry for the service experience you have had with 0800 Repair. I agree the issues you have detailed in regards to time delays, failed callbacks and incorrect parts falls very short of the service we expect our customers to receive. I have requested a full refund is actioned for the remaining £60 you originally paid, this should appear in your account within 5-7 working days. I have also requested a cheque is raised in your name for £35 as a goodwill gesture. I will be sending this out in the post to you today along with a letter of apology.

If I can be of any further assistance please contact me directly.

Kind Regards

***What do you all think, I'd love to hear your opinion, feel like I'm being fobbed off still!!!

Hi MyFamily

What a shocking experience you have had and as for £35 what a joke!!!!!!

Have you checked there own Code of Conduct on there website - Looks like they have breached there own Code of Conduct use it against them.

Found this about 0800repair:

0800 REPAIR, owned by the Pacifica Group and based in Chester-le-Street, was established in 2003; through its franchise network has the ability to complete a wide range of household appliance repairs such as fridge repairs, washing machine repairs and many others. Officially recognized by the British Franchise Association (BFA), the company now has 100 call centre staff and in excess of 400 engineers located throughout the UK, and has become one of Europe’s leading appliance repair services.

For further information:

Paul Feek

Telephone: 0800 737247

Email: paul.feek@0800repair.com

Pacifica Group

Picktree Court

Picktree Lane

Chester-le-Street

Co Durham

DH3 3SY

Why not send your Complaints to Chief Executive of Pacifica Group?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu007.

Really appreciate you taking time to read this I know it's very long!!!

My full complaint has already gone to the CEO Paul Feek and it looks like he passed it on to this person who is apparently the Customer Relations Manager. I do think that £35 is a joke I am certainly out of pocket by much more than that, but I'm a bit stuck now, People will probably think I'm being greedy but I've had 3 months of hell!! - Do you think I should reply to him and say I'm not happy with that or will that be a bad idea?

Edited by Myfamily

Hi MyFamily

Well yes you are out of pocket due to the incompetence of 0800repair while breaching ther own Code of Conduct.

1. To display a polite and professional attitude at all time.

* Customer having to make numerous phonecalls at customers expence due to the faliure of your staff to not only update customer but numerous failed promises of callbacks that never happened.

* Your staff refusing to pass customer to seniour manager then the false promise of callbacks by this imaginary manager that never happens.

* Failure of your Management to ensure a seniour member of staff is supervising the calls and request by customers to speak to a manager.

2. To arrive on site promptly at the agreed time.

* Your company failed on numerous occasions to uphold this standard.

3. To give notification of any expected delay in arrival.

* Your company has fialed to uphold this standard as customer was never updated of any expected delay in arrival.

4. To ensure that specific customer requirements are fully understood and observed.

* Well yes they are full understood but once again your company failed to uphold this standard by completely ignoring the customers needs in fact treating customers with total contempt and ignorance.

5. To work efficiently and minimise and disruption.

* Your company failed to uphold this standard and 3months to get a reapir completed says it all about your standards and customer care.

6. To handle any customer dissatisfaction in a courteous, respectful and objective manner.

* Your company has completely failed in this standard and seems to take great pleasure on ensuring customer dissatisfaction is prolonged a long as possibile without any care or compassion for your customers which comes down to the managements failure to properly train your staff.

7. To provide all customers with an opportunity to comment on the quality of service received.

* Once again your company has also failed to uphold this standards due to 3months of failures by your company for a repair which should have only taken 2 weeks to complete.

Also here is a PDF of their Code of Conduct:

Edited by stu007

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi Stu007,

Again, I realy appreciate you taking the time here, I never expected you to be so detailed but thank you :-)

I have sent a reply to the Customer Relation Manager as she also called me yesterday and asked if her offer was enough to bring this to a close. So I have sent an e-mail to her today basically with what you have written above and explained that I expect a bit more from their "goodwill gesture"

I will of course let you know what she says,

Thanks again stu007!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu007, Hope you're around.

Just got a further reply from 0800 repair after I basically sent what you had written to them (obviously slightly amended to be in the first person - i.e. from me) Anyway I added this comment below.

25 April 2012

Thank you for you e-mail of 23 April 2012, I appreciate you refunding the remaining £60, but I do feel that you “goodwill gesture” is a little on the low side.

I understand that as a company you do not want to be out of pocket, but I also feel that I was significantly more out of pocket than you could ever be just due to the incompetence of 0800 Repair while breaching your own Code of Conduct (stu007's points were listed after this)

I would be happy to bring this to a close if you consider a “goodwill gesture” of at least £100.

I got an e-mail on 27/04 saying that she was passing it on to her senior and I would get a reply on Monday 30th. Got another update on Monday 30th saying I would get a reply on Wednesday 2 May, I got no reply so I e-mailed today to see if they were planning on replying to me!!

And have now recieved this reply from them - what do you think Stu007 (or anyone else of course!)

Sincere apologies for the late reply. After further investigation we are unable to offer any further compensation. Due to the issues you have experienced we have refunded the full amount you paid for the repair and carried out your appliance repair free of charge. We are also offering additional compensation to the amount of £35 which we feel is more than fair and in line with the issues you have experienced.

I feel this is cheeky - 3 months for a simple repair and they seem to think I should be grateful for £35 compensation - it cost me a lot more than that over the 3 months - Any comments are really appreciated!!

I would think if you can prove the loss of income for taking time off work and costs you have incured, could you not go small claims track and claim for breach of contract ?

Hi 2ltr,

That's an interesting idea, however I didn't really lose any money by taking a couple of days off work, that was more of an inconvenience, as well as losing 2 days of the half term that my kids wanted to do something but I couldn't as I was led to believe that 0800 repair would be contacting me to come and carry out the repair. The costs are where I have had to shop on almost a daily basis, for 3 months, as I couldn't keep things like milk, butter, cheese, ham, yoghurts (for kids packed lunch). This obviously meant that I was spending far more in food shopping each week than I would normally.

Unfortunately i didn't keep my receipts as I kept being led on all the time that it was all going to get sorted out soon, and so just didn't think that I woudl need them, but I would have thought that they would wonder to themselves how they would cope without anywhere to keep such things for 3 months!

I just don't know where they get this £35 from??

Hi

Agree with 2ltr about your losses incurred put as an sort of invoice but hit them with it first i.e.

XXday loss of earning @ £XXX per day = Total £XXX

Cost of Phonecalls @ £XXX = Total £XXX

remember no fridge broken

etc try to make it more than the gesture of good will to show them your actual losses.

Now as you say you used what I had written in post #14 you actually havent had your questions fully responded to either about this so I would also add:

I must now also point out to you:

Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, Part 2 Supply of Services

Section 14. Where, under a contract for the supply of service by a supplier acting in the course of a business, the time for the service to be carried out is not fixed by contract, left to be fixed in a manner agreed by the contract or determined by the course of dealing between parties, there is an implied term that the supplier will carry out the service within a reasonable time.

I do not consider 3 months to be a reasonable to complete the repair to my fridge.

As my letter/email dated XXXXX questions have also not been fully responded to, in fact mostly not answered especially the most serious your companies failure to uphold its own Code of Conduct and as this is a complaint I have neither been provided with a copy of your companies complaints procedure which is also not available on your website.

this is just to keep you going still thinking of what else to add.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu007, Sorry I didn't get back to you, been a bit manic with work!!

Anyway, I have just sent an e-mail back to 0800 repair basically explaining that my cost for food shopping was higher than it would normally have been due to not being able to store anything safely having to buy things like yoghurts etc for kids packed lunch every day before school and smaller packs of things like ham, cheese, milk and butter so that things didn't go off or melt. I also added your section re Supply of goods and services act and regarding their complaints procedure.

I'll let you know what they say!

Thanks again Stu.

Edited by Myfamily

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again everyone.

Well 0800 repair seem to be ignoring me again, I wrote the e-mail below to them on 14 May 2012 and have not had any reply, any advise please??

Dear Ms ******

My losses were more than this, my normal weekly budget just for food each week is £100 but during these 3 months I was spending nearer to £150 each week due to not being able to keep anything cold, had to keep buying milk and butter almost very day, had to buy smaller packs of things like ham and cheese for kids packed lunches which work out more expensive in the long run than the larger packs, as well as buying things like yoghurts each day rather than a multipack, I had no-where to store these, so it meant stopping at the shop each day before school.

I must now also point out to you:

Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, Part 2 Supply of Services

Section 14. Where, under a contract for the supply of service by a supplier acting in the course of a business, the time for the service to be carried out is not fixed by contract, left to be fixed in a manner agreed by the contract or determined by the course of dealing between parties, there is an implied term that the supplier will carry out the service within a reasonable time.

I do not consider 3 months to be a reasonable time to complete the repair to my fridge.

As per my email dated 25/04/2012, questions have also not been fully responded to, in fact not answered especially the most serious, your companies failure to uphold its own Code of Conduct and as this is a complaint I have not been provided with a copy of your companies complaints procedure which is also not available on your website.

Myfamily

Hi Myfamily

Soz for not responding earlier so they havent responded to your email.

Well what I would do is write a letter folling up your email and enclose a copy of your email and also ask why they have failed to respond which is yet another Breach of their own Companies Code of Conduct which now seems not worth the paper its been written on due to the numerous breachs you company has made of its own Codes.

You also now require a copy of there Complaints Procedure and a full breakdown of your repair from start to finish by your company.

Due tp the complete lack of a professional service I expected from your company I have been left out of pocket for a simple repair that took your company over 3 months to complete and as such 3 months is not a reasonable time for such a simple repair.

1. Your Company took 3 months to complete a simple repair - This is not a reasonable time limit

2. Your Company has Breach its own Code of Conduct but has ignored this issue, so why advertise a Code of Conduct if your own Company is going to Breach it and ignore the Customer.

3. If the Customer Service I have recieved is anything to go by your Company also has some training issues in dealing with Customers and Complaints.

4. Why is their no Complaints Procedure Displayed on your website for consumers.

Now Send it Recorded Delivery always keep a good paper trail and under your signature CC it to your Local Trading Standards and send them a copy also