style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, here we go. Situation as follows, I am renting a bedroom with my brother from some latvian bloke, he's first name happens to be our surnames. He barely sleeps here at the property, he does have another place where he live out there somewhere. I just had a visit from Bristow and Sutor blokes saying, they can take MY goods ( my name nor my brother's is not listed on ANY documents ) because we live here, and he does not pay council tax. Can they really take whatever they like just because we're at the property which has outstanding council tax balance?

No they cannot take your goods or your brothers as the liability order is not made to either of you, your landord is the responsible person to that order. Show them some ID (while keeping them outside the property and the door locked while you go to get it) then tell them to foxtrot oscar. If they wish to persist after that, then the hole they dig will swallow them.

WD

makes no difference, so long as the surnames are different, and you can prove you are not the named debtor, bailiff can foxtrot oscar. he may well threaten police forced entry locksmiths arrest, now there's a laugh, if you aren't the debtor and he was to attempt to "arrest" you it's the ambulance chasers on a no win no fee he will have after him.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!