IB to ESA assessment - never got appointment letters, missed assessment now a cutoff date for benefits.

worried33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused what I should do... Surely they can confirm the medical has been attended quicker than the medical descion? I know people who have waited over a month for the descion to be recieved in post. I'll be applying for an allignment to benifit payment on thursday, the only two good things are that I can at least use the jobcentre phone, and from everything I have read when you apply for the allingment payment you get what your benifit payment should be. Crisis loans said that... This is a joke. I'll go to the medical and fail anyway like everyone else does, so it'll go pretty much straight to appeal. Do atos call with the appointments ?

Thanks again

worried33 it doesn't work like that, the reconsideration will either be favourable or unfavourable regardless of wehther you are requesting an appeal.

of course, I never said it cant be favourable without an appeal, but regardless I would still appeal anyway, as was told to me there is nothing to lose by appealing.

what I would like to see confirmed or not is if any backdated money can be recovered without getting a decision overturned? eg. on a new claim and then you pass the medical, is the assessment rate money paid backdated or still lost? I personally never found out because they changed my original decision after I appealed.

edin girl I have never heard of a benefit alignment.

What I was told by welfare rights was I could claim 3 crisis loans during the period and that would then be my limit, I was also told by the crisis loan staff there was an upper limit of £41 per week I could get from a crisis loan and they didnt accept a lot of bills as living costs to be covered by crisis loans, eg. I was told to not pay my rent and not pay my gas,electric as they were not urgent needs. I am disgusted government staff are telling people to leave bills unpaid and I sent a complaint about that. I had to list out them things I needed the loan for. The only one accepted was food costs.

• 3 weeks later...
of course, I never said it cant be favourable without an appeal, but regardless I would still appeal anyway, as was told to me there is nothing to lose by appealing.

what I would like to see confirmed or not is if any backdated money can be recovered without getting a decision overturned? eg. on a new claim and then you pass the medical, is the assessment rate money paid backdated or still lost? I personally never found out because they changed my original decision after I appealed.

edin girl I have never heard of a benefit alignment.

What I was told by welfare rights was I could claim 3 crisis loans during the period and that would then be my limit, I was also told by the crisis loan staff there was an upper limit of £41 per week I could get from a crisis loan and they didnt accept a lot of bills as living costs to be covered by crisis loans, eg. I was told to not pay my rent and not pay my gas,electric as they were not urgent needs. I am disgusted government staff are telling people to leave bills unpaid and I sent a complaint about that. I had to list out them things I needed the loan for. The only one accepted was food costs.

Ok... So since my last post two things have happened. Firstly I have had my medical and scored zero points (which iim appealing) secondly I was advised to appeal the failed to attend medical on original claim. I hav done this and have been told I shOuld go back into payment and get paid from when my last payment was until the appeal was looked at, on my old claim there is now a valid failed to attend appeal submitted. Anyone any idea what happens now? As far as I'm aware as they accepted my failed to attend appeal it will be that claim that they are working from. Still very confusexd