Near Death by Kitchen

Maxfield
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My parents have had a new kitchen fitted in Sept. 2011. Which seemed fine until yesturday evening.

I had visited my parent for dinner and was assisting with clearing up when the whole wall of kitchen units pulled away from the wall and collapsed.

I pushed my father out of the way and managed to narrowly avoid injury myself.

My parents have contacted the company who fitted the kitchen this morning who are sending the fitter round this afternoon to re install the kitchen.

Could someone please advise how this should be dealt with by my parents as the fitter seem less than cooperative at this time?

The units are damaged not to mention the all of the contents of the units have been destroyed.

Many Thanks,

G Maxfield

Hi Max

Welcome to CAG

Clearly the units need to be fixed or replaced, all the contents need to be replaced and the units need to be attached to the wall correctly. Compensation could also be looked at. Depending on what the builder agrees to do, your parents could consider legal action via the small claims court.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38337.html

Hi

Im so glad you and your parents are safe.

Agree with rebel11 and i would also get photograhic evidence of all the damage and have a chat with your local Trading Standards.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group