Tax Credit Overpayments

vonnie32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Their agents don't always help matters. I phoned them on Monday to inform I'd gone back to work and gave them an estimated income for the year of £18k plus benefit already paid.

The agent kept trying to say that my total income would only be £12k total, how she got that figure I still don't know as even the base salary without commission would come to £9k between now and the end of the tax year, and that included benefit received this year.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

What type of benefit did you recieve? I always thought benefits were not to be included in your annual income when calculating tax credits. There are a couple of benefits which you do need to included, but the list is quite short. They must be taxable social security benefits. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/tc603r-notes.pdf details on page 20. Let me know how you get on. Also very helpful

Tax Credit Casualties Homepage

Splash ;)

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout

Taxcreditoverpayment@blueyonder.co.uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Incapacity Benefit, so it unfortunately is counted in income as I had to pay tax on it :-(

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

im paying back 5700 for the period 2002/2003 and 2003/2004.

i told them i had notified them everytime there had been a change in circumstances, i was unemployed from november 2003 to october 2004 but they said i phoned and notified them that i was earning 13K???? would love to know where from.

the reply i got was that given the information i had provided then the overpayments were correct and it had to be paid back.

i went to see my MP at the time John Prescott and he wished me luck!

funnily enough a couple of times when i phoned to notify them of changes to my circumstances their "computer system was having technical problems" and if there was any change in the amount i was due to receive they would send me a new award notice (which never came)

ive given up on tax credits, seems like it doesnt know its a*se from its elbow tbh

Fiyah

Did you ever claim Working Families Tax Credit? This was the name of it before New Tax Credits was launched in April 2003. The reason I ask is that, if New TC's only started in April 2003 which is tax year 03-04, so how can the make you pay money back from a year when it didn't even exisit?

Splashi

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Fiyah

Did you ever claim Working Families Tax Credit? This was the name of it before New Tax Credits was launched in April 2003.

This bit is complicated. When I started working there, we were dealing with information from 01-02 to match up to WFTC details from the changeover during 02-03, and I've certainly seen NTC paperwork dated from before April 03.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Meagin

I also worked with the changeover from WFTC to NTC. There may have been some papers showing an award as such, but no actual NTC award notices would of been issued prior to 06-04-2003 as the system was not allowed to start running until that actual start date. I do know that people submitted claims prior to 06-04-2003 these details were then held on a temp basis on a system called NICO (I think). Everybody who claimed in that first year were asked income deatils from 01/02 to provisionally start their tax credit entitlement.

Splashin

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to work for tax credits up until feb this year and the main problem is the system, as it is always messing claims up and no one knows why.Your best bet is to complete a COP 26 (appeal form) and see how that goes. Hopefully they will realise you have provided all the correct info and their system has screwed up. (Again).