Carter Forbes threatening court over QQ debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI I recieved an email yesterday from Carter Forbes saying that they have tried several times to contact me by phone at home, work and mobile to no success.

I have never heard of them before nor had any contact.

i called them and they said a debt from QuickQuid had been passed to them. £569.00.

I knew of this debt and it is genuine.

I had borrowed £400.00 from QQ, made several roll over payments then tried for months to set up a repayment plan as i got in a mess.

They wouldnt do anything above 6 months.

Ok, so i spoke with a guy called danny who told me that the debt was subject to interest at 30% a month!!! £170 interest.

I said no way, you cant do that, you have purchased a debt and that is all you will get.

He said he was willing to freeze the interest if i gave him my debit card details and made a payment.

He said he will accept £40 pm.

I was about to ring last night with card detials but came on here and did a search.

Do i demand standing order.

In my email it says they will accept standing order but theri danny guy said no.

I am so scared but am willing to go to court,

i cant afford the interest at 30% because next month will be an extra £229 and so on until it spirals to thousands.

Shall i iopt for court, tell them where to get off or make a payment somehow

Please help

Many thanks in advance

Emma

More help will be on the way but in the meantime...STAY OFF THE PHONE!

They will harass, harang, lie, cheat and bully you into paying more. They are a DCA, they can do diddly squish to you. If you set up a repayment plan, make sure it's one that YOU can afford, allowing for all priority payments + a contingency. Don't worry about any charges they've slapped on, they can be reclaimed.

Standing order is the only way to do it for your safety.

Are Carter Forbes working on behalf of QQ or have they bought the account?

...also worth a complaint to the OFT if they are quite happy to put into writing that they have tried to contact your work! Buggers.

And under no circumstances give them your card details - they will take the lot!

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Repeat - STAY OFF THE PHONE !!!! and never give your card or Bank details to a DCA.

Request details in WRITING of their exact interest in this debt - have they purchased it or acting on behalf of someone else. Also ask for a statement of account and if you have a £1 (postal order) request a formal CCA request for the credit agreement and statements in writing by post. Get as much information as you can before paying anything.

I am dealing with a QQ debt that has been 'sold' to McKenzie Hall and then 'also sold' to Motormile so the exact legality of these accounts is very much in question as none, as far as I am aware, as ever gone to a court. Carter Forbes will tell you all sorts of rubbish, particularly on the phone, as this is the only means they have of extracting any kind of payment from you.

Do not be frightened of these people. As suggested, work out if you can afford to pay anything after you have dealt with other commitments and looked at your personal circumstances

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Welcome to our forums asdanemma.

Lets start by reassuring you that there really is no need to be scared. Debt company workers love their imagined power over people when they have none whatsoever.

It is not a criminal offence to owe money or be in debt and you can't go to prison because you are. So lets start by sitting down with a nice cuppa and looking at what we can do.

The first thing is 'you' are the boss, not them. As others have said, (and it is very important), do not speak to them on the phone under any circumstances, only talk to them in a letter and 'tell' them if they want to talk to you it must be in a letter. If they insist on ringing, you don't respond to their security question but just say, 'in writing please' and put the phone down.

As also said above, don't give them a debit or credit card number, they are not trustworthy.

If they won't accept a standing order, then just tell them, 'in that case you don't get paid'.

Now do an income and expenses sheet so you know exactly how much disposable income you have, remember, these come at the bottom of the list, you prioritise with must make your rent/mortgage, council tax, water, gas and electricity at the top and then, of course, living money and any loans such as hire purchase where there is some asset to be taken away which is why the debt collecting company comes at the very botton, right down in the gutter where they belong.

When you know how much you can afford, you write and 'tell' them you will be paying xx per month and ask for their bank details so you can set up a standing order.

It is very unlikely to go to court as they know that a judge will order payments that you can afford even if that is just £1 per month. But is the reason you should only do things in writing as then should they decide to get a court to order you to pay, you can show that you have been trying to come to an arrangement with them and it is them who have refused and messed around.

So lets stop being scared and get back on track living your life.

Edited by Conniff

Many thanks to you all. 2 minutes after posting this thread i recieved a call from Danny at Carter Forbes and he left a message to call. That is the first call i have had. I will write to them now nad email them. I had an email from Jerrell Paton yesterday and replied asking for bank details so i could set up a repayment plan but he has not replied to my 2 emails. Thank you all so much - you do a wonderful job on here

just to update - carter Forbes have now been very nice to me, i reckon they went onto the site and as soon as i mention this forum they really change their approach. They have said it is totally fine to pay by standing order and emailed the detaills straightaway and agreed a repayment plan for less than originally stated. Thanks all