Help - Threatening texts from M T Collect

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick question

I've heard that even if you cancel your card as lost/stolen, they can still take payments as the new card issued is linked to your current account. Is this correct?

Alwaysanothergo - did you speak to them on the phone to get the details or did you write/email them?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question

I've heard that even if you cancel your card as lost/stolen, they can still take payments as the new card issued is linked to your current account. Is this correct?

Alwaysanothergo - did you speak to them on the phone to get the details or did you write/email them?

I'm not sure if they can or not, I used to work in a bank, and was always told that the card is only linked with the account while its active. The numbers change, so unless they guess (fraudulently) you're new ones they can't. They obviously have bank details from when the loan was paid out, but have to have an active payment ie dd set up to take payments.

It was by email, I received a mail from collections@capitalfinanceone.co.uk and I just replied.

I wont speak to them via phone, as I have no way of recording their threats!

Laura,

It depends on the agreements they have with Banks\Card Companies, some have agreements where it rolls onto the next card automatically similar to some memberships.

My suggestion with regards to card details and MT Collect\CFO would be to get a prepaid Visa\Mastercard and give them the details to that.

Alwaysanothergo - thanks that's great. I had been emailing James Keeble and heard nothing so I've forwarded those onto the email address you gave

SJ - thanks very much - thats a good idea. Im trying to open a new bank account for wages to go into as well!

Yeah, I've had a few emails from that James Keeble on in the past but I think your spot on there. Lets just see if I get a reply from this one.

It's been so long since I took that loan out that I can't actually remember what I borrowed in the first place!

I think I shall be dreaming of this company over the next few weeks/months/years until they are closed down

Gerry Adams indeed. (they'll be telling you the IRA will collect your stuff next) CF1/MTC/McCall-whatever-need closing down and the only way that is going to happen is if we all report them to Trading Standards, the OFT and eventually the press (if they can be interested)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes it is his address and it is him in his capacity as Chief Executive. In fact, I know for a fact his mail diverts to another device (well it did do 6 months ago) which I'm not going into and is how long ago I had dealings, AND he sure does exist I should have said Friday why don't you read your letters and loan agreements as to the way to contact them. Oh and they do sit on these boards too I believe!

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Press are only interested in stories when someone has really had their account raided after default so we've no fear of them helping anybody - though maybe warn others of is the best outcomeForget people who pay large sums of money much more then they were actually meant to (yes possibly because they were once scared) and who did go on to repay their debts who had to deal with being ignored and left in limbo, rather then try every clause in the book to avoid repaying

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

asmilecostsnothing - he definitely does exist! Their letter only gives a tel no. which i'm not ringing. There was an address as the bottom but wasn't sure it was the correct one that's all.

I can't get into my agreements now - it's saying my code is invalid.

Thanks, as said I know he exists which is why I directed you to the named person like you asked knowing he still named as being there.Just report to all I'm sure you'll be looked after.I'm sorry I don't want to get any further involved.

Asmilecostsnothing - I didn't doubt you, just got fed up not hearing back. I understand you dont want any further involvement but thank you very much for all your help so far!

Got another REMOVAL text - so emailed them again. My letter states I have until 03.02.2012 to make a payment before it gets passed to MT Collect. I'm not calling them but have sent 4 emails and got no reply.

the site team need as many examples of these texts and any recordings as we can get

you can forward anything you like to:

got any recordings of calls ??

please PM Me!!

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ta

whay number sent these msgs please?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 of them show up on my phone as REMOVAL and one as PRE-REMOVAL. Is there a way to find out what the actual number is?

Just received a reply to my 4 emails - completely disregarding anything I said.

Good afternoon,

I can confirm that you are in default and you have incurred a £25 charge on to your account.

If you fail to make a minimum payment of your interest (£XXX.XX) and you late fee £25 by 2/2/2012, your account will incur further charges and your account will then be passed over to MT Collect.

Kind Regards,

CFO Collections Team

The text messages don't show the number they came from ! another one of their tricks

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Is there any way we can extract a phone number from these texts?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Got another reply from M T Collect Admin Team - I still don't understand why these guys are contacting me if apparently I have until 3rd March to repay them! Should I call r email OFT/Ombudsman?

The email itself doesn't make much sense - any advice? I don't have £100!

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not accept payment plans as our loan are for a short time basis, but any payment received from you will come off of your outstanding balance.

To freeze your account you can pay a token payment of £100, this will freeze your account and put a hold on your account.

You will continue to receive contact from us until the full £100 payment has been made, we will then freeze your account.

Failure to make the token payment will result in your account being passed over to our debt collection agency and incurring added interest.

Kind Regards,

MT Collect Admin Team

how much was the loan

and how much have you paid?

sri if i've asked this before

dx

and they

how much did you borrow in the first place please?

dx

and they