Is Delight Mobile Right or Not ?- Advise Please

Dot1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You think it's legal that they make an offer then make it unobtainable then? That was the crux of the complaint.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

You think it's legal that they make an offer then make it unobtainable then? That was the crux of the complaint.

She did not try online, which was available at anytime and no one prevented her to do so.

internet is opened 24/7. not all the shops are.

ok i can see this sinking into a personal argument

im going to notify site crew to see if this thread needs tidying up

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Jesus Lord, it's unbelievable the lack of logic some people have!

" Get £80 credit when you top up £20. We will give you four times your top up amount on £20."

Did she top up 20? NO! two times 10 is not a £20 top up(I explained why, when i gave the example with 2 topups in one week)

"She wanted this, so tried to buy £20 credit in one single transaction, as she then stated"

She did not try online, which was available at anytime and no one prevented her to do so.

Do you know the "buy one, get one free offers"? do you buy one today, one tomorrow, and go in asking for the free one the next day, saying that you bought one, the day before? No. because all the offers apply to one transaction only.

P.S. I use Lebara mobile, and I don't intend to change anytime soon.

P.S. 2 it's been a long time since the thread was started, so maybe she will let us know what the outcome was.

Are you for real? The point is, the OP was unable to obtain a single £20 top up, the retailers didn't sell them. If the company are wanting it done in a single transaction, then why not make them available for customers to buy, as they clearly aren't in shops. Most people top up in shops, in fact mobile providers tell you that this is the easiest way, generally.

It's misleading advertising. How many people did the same as the OP and bought two tens instead. They've made money out of any offer that wasn't going to be made available to them because of a loophole. They have created confusion and profited from it.

OP did it say in the original print that it had to be a single £20 top up and that any other value of top up that made £20 wouldn't qualify?

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I am the latest victim of the mobile delight [problem] and how i wished i had read the above emails first before giving my hard earned £50 to this fraudulent company. I went for the £50 offer where they promised to double it to £100, only to be told that this offer had expired and that they could no longer honour it; clearly a [problem] in getting people to sign up for the max amount possible which they later make deductions from your balance which go missing from your account. If you try to make a complaint about the missing amount, they simply put you on hold promising that they would investigate and get back to you in 2 minutes which they obviously have no intention of doing so, after half an hour or so you have no option but to hang up. I am not sure if the Regulatory route is worth following and Mobile Delight know that people will simply give up, they must be swindling millions of pounds from us. I understand that they have been formed from a previous mobile phone company called Vectone which also had problems. THE REAL QUESTION IS HOW WE DO WE STOP OTHERS BEING VICTIMS TO THIS [problem]. Any ideas?

Have you read this?

http://www.delightmobile.co.uk/View/Info/ComplaintsProcedure.aspx

Follow their complaints procedure, keep things in writing, and ask them to escalate your complaint to CISAS asap. (that should rattle their cage a little)

BTW a complaint to CISAS will cost them more than the extra £50 that they're trying to weasel out of paying ;)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

If everyone follows their complaints code as I linked above, and took it as far as CISAS when they have an unresolved complaint, they will either clean up their act or go bust.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar