Is Delight Mobile Right or Not ?- Advise Please

Dot1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a new Pay As You Go SIM Card from Delight Mobile. I only use it for international calls.

Their deal is that what ever amount you Top Up, they triple it.

After using it for a while, I started receiving a promotional text messages to my phone.

It read " Get £80 credit when you top up £20. We will give you four times your top up amount on £20.

Tell your family and friends to join Delight now"

I went to buy credit but the agent told me that the maximum amount of voucher they can issue per transaction is £10 only.

I ended up buying credit for £10x2. After loading my phone, the credit was tripled to £60 instead of £80.

I contacted customer service and complained, they said it only applied to a single £20 top up.

I explained that their agent said he could only do £10's. They said I should take it up with the agent it is not their fault.

As I wanted to take advantage of the promotion, I went to a different shop to charge but the story was the same.

I tried a few other shops and they all said they can only do for £10 max per transaction.

I then concluded that they are misleading people.

After more research, I found out that the promotion is available but it seems to be online only.

This is not mention in their text at all.

I have sent a written complain but no one wants to deal with it as they all keep on saying it is my fault.

Whenever I phone to find out an update on my complain, they all tell me that there in nothing they can do as it is my fault.

When I ask to speak to a manager, I am passed on to a supervisor. Manager is permanently unavailable.

Am I right in thinking that this company is misleading people?

If so, what can I do?

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks Dot

Hi dot

This is clearly 'unfair' and very 'misleading', lodge a complaint with Trading Standards and ASA. Complaints can be lodged online. Links below:-

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

http://www.asa.org.uk/

Thanks rebel,

That puts my mind at rest as I was almost convinced that I was wrong as they were trying to make me believe.

I will lodge a complaint with both bodies.

Is there a time limit? I mean, how much time do I have to give them before I can complaint to the TS and ASA.

My verbal complaint to the company was on 12.01.12 then confirmed it by an email on 13.01.12. I then received an automated reply on the same day which stated that someone will contact me within 48hrs and that has not happened. Called a few times in between but without success then I wrote again on 31.01.12 but never heard any thing back.

Can I complaint straight away or wait after some time?

Thanks. Dot

Hello there,

I wonder if someone can advise me please on how to make a complain to Trading Standard and ASA.

Is there a form I need to complete or just write a letter?

Thanks

Dot

Have you read this?

http://www.delightmobile.co.uk/View/Info/ComplaintsProcedure.aspx

Follow their compaints procedure, keep things in writing, and ask them to escalate your complaint to CISAS asap. (that should rattle their cage a little)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have you read this?

Follow their compaints procedure, keep things in writing, and ask them to escalate your complaint to CISAS asap. (that should rattle their cage a little)

Hi locutus,

Thanks for your reply. I will write to them and post it recorded instead of email.

In my email I have already requested that my complaint is escalated but without success.

May be because it was through an email.

I will write again.

Thanks.

Dot.

Keep us informed Dot1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

If they say that the offer was online only they should have included that in their text

Thanks. They never mentioned in the text and not even on the Website. It will be interesting to see their response.

The letter went out yesterday and I will give an update as soon there is one.

Dot

• 1 month later...

Being the cheapest is all well and good but if they send "offers" and don't honor them, what use is it dealing with them?

Is this the deal dot1? http://www.delightmobile.co.uk/View/offers/weekendOffers.aspx

It doesn't stipulate it is online only.

As there has been no update I will assume they've not answered your complaint yet. If they still haven't answered your complaint you can escalate it to CISAS on the 5th of April, as that is 8 weeks since they received your complaint.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Being the cheapest is all well and good but if they send "offers" and don't honor them, what use is it dealing with them?

Is this the deal dot1? http://www.delightmobile.co.uk/View/offers/weekendOffers.aspx

It doesn't stipulate it is online only.

As there has been no update I will assume they've not answered your complaint yet. If they still haven't answered your complaint you can escalate it to CISAS on the 5th of April, as that is 8 weeks since they received your complaint.

Hi locutus,

Thanks for revisiting the thread.

Yes, that is the "promotion". Coincidentally, I referred the complaint to SISAS today. I spoke to them last week and explained the situation.

They then advised me to refer the matter to them.

The 8 weeks is actually up now because I first emailed Delight on 13.01.12. Followed by a few other emails then two recorded letters which were received but not responded to. All in all they have had since 13.01.12 to deal with my complaint but chose to ignore.

I can see that they are now trying to alter things around but as you mentioned, its still not clear enough.

What they are texting around is "Get £80 credit when you top up £20. We will give you four times your top up amount on £20.

It does not explain anything more than that.

Will post an update as soon as there is one.

Dot

I do find it suspicious when someone creates an account to post how good 1 particular company is... even more so when it's 2 in the same day.

This thread is concerning Delight sending a text saying "top up £20 and get £80" and them not honoring this when done in a shop. If you have a point to make on this subject then it is welcomed.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I do find it suspicious when someone creates an account to post how good 1 particular company is... even more so when it's 2 in the same day.

This thread is concerning Delight sending a text saying "top up £20 and get £80" and them not honoring this when done in a shop. If you have a point to make on this subject then it is welcomed.

I totally agree with you. Its like some of people are out to advertise for Delight.

What ever they are posting has nothing to do with the issue raised but full of praises.

I suspect something fishy is going on here. All we can do is monitor the situation.

Dot

• 4 months later...

They have [edit] me. After I have paid 100 Danish Krone, Delight send me an email with an offer to call cheaper. I have accepted the offer and was told that I need use all the money for a period of one month. When I called back and undid deal, they have withdrawn money from my Delight account and now they "do not know" where the money is gone. It's been a week and they keep me with talk ...

In Danish we call it: [edit] and misleading!

Edited by honeybee13
Removing pejorative words.

They have [edit] me. After I have paid 100 Danish Krone, Delight send me an email with an offer to call cheaper. I have accepted the offer and was told that I need use all the money for a period of one month. When I called back and undid deal, they have withdrawn money from my Delight account and now they "do not know" where the money is gone. It's been a week and they keep me with talk ...

In Danish we call it: [edit] and misleading!

Hi Akie,

I agree with you. I think they are bent on misleading people deliberately. Put them under pressure and they will have to find your money and refund you. Where can the money go if it was already in your mobile account with them?

Unfortunately, they have 8 weeks to resolve it before you can refer the matter to CISAS. They will just keep on telling you different things. In my experience, their customer service is very poor.

By the way what was the promotion about?

Please keep us posted and good luck.

Thanks Dot

• 4 months later...

I have just thrown my delight mobile sim card in the bin.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

I spent 10 pounds on a delight mobile top up 3 days ago.

After buying the top up I called customer services for assistance with turning my top up into the 1000 minute bundle that has been heavily advertised.

A customer services agent named K answered the phone and advised me to just add my top up and she would immediately put my bundle on. I asked her how long it would take after activating my top up before I could use my bundle, she said it would work immediately as she had just entered it on the system. I proceeded to enter the top up and made my way home.

As I arrived home, I made my first phone call. This would have been roughly 20 minutes after topping up. I continued to use my phone for outgoing calls. I then received a message stating that my calling credit was low, and I only had 25 pence left.

I immediately called customer services and was connected to a person called P. P informed me that K was unable to add my bundle because I had used credit before she had the chance to activate it. I informed him on how specific I had been while talking to K and asked him to check the call transcripts.

He then put me on hold while he checked. The whole thing took 75 minutes away from my life for him to tell me to await a phone call the following day, but he confirmed that the conversation was as I had stated but he had no power to change anything.

I received no phone call so had to call back customer services the following day.

I was eventually transferred to a supervisor called D who put me through to a manager called P who said my situation was being looked into and he would call me back in an hour. 2 hours later I called back to be told to await a phone call in a further 2 hours. 4 hours later, I again called back customer services to be told that a meeting was taking place concerning my matter so I couldn't be connected to any managers as they were all tied up with my issue.

I was told to wait a further 2 hours and someone would definately call me back to resolve my issue. I explained that I felt as if I was being made to beg for a service I had paid for and asked for. I couldn't understand the delay. Had I mis entered details myself or accidentally added the wrong bundle myself I would understand, but how can a customer call customer services and request a bundle that has been paid for , not get it and not get a resolution.

I have been messed about by a calling centre in south India that refused to give their location, connect me to senior staff or return my bundle.

DELIGHT MOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICES WILL MESS YOU ABOUT, AND DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR EXPENSE OR TIME!!!

SOME OF THEIR OFFERS DO NOT EXIST AND YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY, SERVICES OR CREDIT BACK!!!

STICK TO THE PROVIDERS YOU TRUST!!!

[Edit]

Edited by ims21

Have you read this?

Still good advice by me there :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a new Pay As You Go SIM Card from Delight Mobile. I only use it for international calls.

After using it for a while, I started receiving a promotional text messages to my phone.

It read " Get £80 credit when you top up £20. We will give you four times your top up amount on £20.

I went to buy credit but the agent told me that the maximum amount of voucher they can issue per transaction is £10 only.

I ended up buying credit for £10x2. After loading my phone, the credit was tripled to £60 instead of £80.

I contacted customer service and complained, they said it only applied to a single £20 top up.

I explained that their agent said he could only do £10's. They said I should take it up with the agent it is not their fault.

As I wanted to take advantage of the promotion, I went to a different shop to charge but the story was the same.

I tried a few other shops and they all said they can only do for £10 max per transaction.

After more research, I found out that the promotion is available but it seems to be online only.

I have sent a written complain but no one wants to deal with it as they all keep on saying it is my fault.

Whenever I phone to find out an update on my complain, they all tell me that there in nothing they can do as it is my fault.

When I ask to speak to a manager, I am passed on to a supervisor. Manager is permanently unavailable.

If so, what can I do?

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks Dot

Well, as horrible as this company seems to be(I wouldn't use their services) I think they are right here:

All the information they gave you was correct and there was nothing misleading. They CLEARLY said "20£ top up". What you did was not a 20 top up, but two topups of 10 each.

Let me be more clear from the legal point of view. You probably made the topups one after another, no more than a few minutes apart, right? What if those topups were 5 minutes apart? or 10? or even half an hour? what about one day...and so on. so, where do you have a limit between two consecutive topups, so you can consider them one? the answer is only one: there is none. two topups are two, no matter how short or long the amount of time between them is, or else you might end up with someone who did two topups in one month, and he wants those to be considered as one of 20. LEGALY you need clear limits. Two is not one.

ok yet another forum post from a 1 post member clearly supporting a company

site team am i correct in thinking the forum still tracks login ips?, whats the betting on the ip being in a subnet allocated to delight mobile

(simple curiosity here)

to be fair if there is nothing in the terms and conditions stating that it needs to be a single transaction then your point is moot

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hello everyone,

If so, what can I do?

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks Dot

Geox, The OP already said very clearly, that she went to several shops & the maximum she could buy in any one transaction was £ 10 only. You have even quoted Dot1 stating this in your own post.

So you have totally disregarded what the OP said & this in turn makes your posting moot.

It also leaves me wondering also.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Ok, so i take my time and answer as neutral as one can be, I come with legal arguments, but just because I don't say what you want to hear it means I'm "one of them". Beautiful mentality: "who's not with us, is against us".

Can someone please answer the question:"If I did two topus of £10 each in one week, does it count as a £20 top up?"

Answer my question then... is it legal to advertise an offer and also make it unavailable?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ok, so i take my time and answer as neutral as one can be, I come with legal arguments, but just because I don't say what you want to hear it means I'm "one of them". Beautiful mentality: "who's not with us, is against us".

Can someone please answer the question:"If I did two topus of £10 each in one week, does it count as a £20 top up?"

Geox, what you are stating here is NOT what happened to Dot1 the original OP.

In her own words she stated the text she received was the special offer as below:

" Get £80 credit when you top up £20. We will give you four times your top up amount on £20.Tell your family and friends to join Delight now"*

She wanted this, so tried to buy £20 credit in one single transaction, as she then stated:

"I went to buy credit but the agent told me that the maximum amount of voucher they can issue per transaction is £10 only.I ended up buying credit for £10x2''

And to make sure Dot1 went to other shops to also purchase a £20 credit as stated here:

"I went to a different shop to charge but the story was the same.I tried a few other shops and they all said they can only do for £10 max per transaction.I then concluded that they are misleading people.''

As you can see for yourself the OP makes it clear that her intention was to buy £20 top up & she was advised by each shop that £10 was the maximum she could purchase.

So she did not do as your 'legal arguements' suggested, so hence why I said your posting was & still is moot!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Jesus Lord, it's unbelievable the lack of logic some people have!

" Get £80 credit when you top up £20. We will give you four times your top up amount on £20."

Did she top up 20? NO! two times 10 is not a £20 top up(I explained why, when i gave the example with 2 topups in one week)

"She wanted this, so tried to buy £20 credit in one single transaction, as she then stated"

She did not try online, which was available at anytime and no one prevented her to do so.

Do you know the "buy one, get one free offers"? do you buy one today, one tomorrow, and go in asking for the free one the next day, saying that you bought one, the day before? No. because all the offers apply to one transaction only.

P.S. I use Lebara mobile, and I don't intend to change anytime soon.

P.S. 2 it's been a long time since the thread was started, so maybe she will let us know what the outcome was.