ATOs 'Healthcare Professionals'

Feebee_71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgot to add that when I failed my first tribunal my DWP Pathways Adviser nearly burst into tears. I felt bad for her too. I guess the laboured point I'm trying to make is those employed by the DWP are only human too. They're not uncaring, just stuck with an awful straightjacket to work in....

I have been advised that ATO's use Computer to make there Assessment, could any member confirm this,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RaeUK, Would it not be better instead of the using the appeals to use the European Human Rights, I was advised on the net that these assessment are a breach of E.C.H.R. in addition, are the medical professionals Doctors or Nurses, or the man in the street, it is very clear from the amount of appeals that have won have been 85%, ATO's have no clue of what they are or should be doing,

RaeUK, Would it not be better instead of the using the appeals to use the European Human Rights, I was advised on the net that these assessment are a breach of E.C.H.R. in addition, are the medical professionals Doctors or Nurses, or the man in the street, it is very clear from the amount of appeals that have won have been 85%, ATO's have no clue of what they are or should be doing,

In what sense

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

I have been advised that ATO's use Computer to make there Assessment, could any member confirm this,

Atos uses a piece of software called LiMA - you could probably find more information about it on Google.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think this maybe of help Mouse driven incapacity medicals breach human rights, I tried to post the link put I was stopped from post it, so I give you some of the link and see it I can this post

news/291-mouse-driven-incapacity-medicals-breach-human-rights

Edited by Ray Cornes
miss spelling

I think this maybe of help Mouse driven incapacity medicals breach human rights, I tried to post the link put I was stopped from post it, so I give you some of the link and see it I can this post

news/291-mouse-driven-incapacity-medicals-breach-human-rights

Yeah, your original link was to a commercial site, and we don't allow links to that site here. If someone wishes to read the article you're referring to, a search for "Mouse driven incapacity medicals breach human rights" would find it near the top of the list in Google or another search engine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

i understand ur point about the system. but a breach of human rights?

why are you attending a medical or an assessment. well its not quite a medical. its an assessment to see how you cope with your condition. the tick box system does not give enough information for the decision make to make a judgement. but in my view the decision has already been made before you have left by atos

the assessment is not about what disability or illness you have its about how it affects.

can you cook a simple meal tick yes or no

can you walk 100 metres tick yes or no

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Lets get one thing crystal clear, ATOS know exactly what they are doing and that is to find as many claimants fit for work as possible regardless of any health issues they might have.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

made me lol when on the news report it was mentioned about the hoohah around atossers and mp's highlighting the circus of incompetence of them, and the governements comment was that they will ALWAYS look after the sick.......really??? when did that start then??? I must have amnesia as well now

RaeUK, Would it not be better instead of the using the appeals to use the European Human Rights, I was advised on the net that these assessment are a breach of E.C.H.R. ,

You cannot take any case to the ECHR untill all legal avenues in the country of origin have been exhausted.

I would be more minded to take legal action against the assessor if deliberate lying and falsehoods were found in the report.

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

i understand ur point about the system. but a breach of human rights?

why are you attending a medical or an assessment. well its not quite a medical. its an assessment to see how you cope with your condition. the tick box system does not give enough information for the decision make to make a judgement. but in my view the decision has already been made before you have left by atos

the assessment is not about what disability or illness you have its about how it affects.

can you cook a simple meal tick yes or no

can you walk 100 metres tick yes or no

I can't agree at all with that. People like myself that have a DLA award in the upper ranges (HRM & MRC) donates that cooking a meal or being able to walk 100 metres should be a 'NO'. Yet the ESA85 I recently received stated that I could 'mobilise' at least 200 metres and that I am able to walk round a supermarket, decide what to buy and cook a meal using all fresh imgredients.

Yes I would agree that mobilising does include using aids - rather difficult as I have permanent thrombosis since 2004 to the right arm that consistently aches and is useless at grabbing and moving things with it (as a point of interest this particular condition was noted on my first and orginal claim made in 2009 and accepted by the then assessor - I was placed in the Support Group for three years)

To make matter worse, the ESA85 states that I do not have any debilitating mental illness. WoW! I wonder why then following another ATOS assessment last year my Industrial Injury benefit was confirmed again as being 40% disabled due entirely to mental illness!!

The decision the DWP is that I should get a job! Ummm Support Group to being a benefit scrounger in three short years with the same condition + more complications and new conditions!!

As an aside, I would have thought that anybody with any intelligence would see that that isn't right. Why is it that I hear of claimants at review are awarded a continuation of their benefit WITHOUT having to undergo an assessment?

the Medical Assessment is what it says a Medical Assessment, if you reach 15 points you past the Assessment, this why they tell you to take your Medication with you, so that they can list down, what you take and when you take the medication, all they done is change the name of the Assessment, no more and no less, the Argument that needs be sortout, are they Doctors and Nurses and are they Registered and Licence with GMC, if not, then they cannot call themselves Doctor or Nurses and they may not be in their right to carry out such Assessment

I will put another way, In 2003 I caught a cold, within 24 hours I had an infection in my Lungs, I asked 3 Doctors for Anti Biotics each time I was refursed, the Doctors said I had Asthma Attack and I had no infection, in the August of the same year in the early hours of the morning, unknown to me, mywife call an Ambulance, within a few minutes an Ambulance arrived, injected me and started to give oxygen, in the Ambulance I was again injected and used oxygen, the Infection that 3 Doctors said had gone was found by Nurses in ICU, the Infection caused 2 major Asthma Attacks,

Once I returned home, Filed a complaint with the PCT, had a number of meeting with the Doctors, PCT and CAB, I received compensation has a out of court settlement, the Doctors no matter where they from who they work for, Own a duty of care to patients and that is part of the code of conduct that all Doctors must comply with.

the Medical Assessment is what it says a Medical Assessment, if you reach 15 points you past the Assessment, this why they tell you to take your Medication with you, so that they can list down, what you take and when you take the medication, all they done is change the name of the Assessment, no more and no less, the Argument that needs be sortout, are they Doctors and Nurses and are they Registered and Licence with GMC, if not, then they cannot call themselves Doctor or Nurses and they may not be in their right to carry out such Assessment

Its an assessment. NOT a medical. As it is basically a computer based tick the box system then in effect anyone can do it. Even though they are using a flawed system the DWP have OK'd it and that's that

There are no 'Rights' involved. Atos are a private company. There are proviso's for specific conditions to only be seen by a Qualified Doctor.

The real problem is that so many people like to put on their best performance at Assessments.

As Brits we are naturally a pretty stoical mob and many many disabled people tend to talk down their problems rather than talk them up and ATOS/DWP takes advantage of this

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Forgot to add that when I failed my first tribunal my DWP Pathways Adviser nearly burst into tears. I felt bad for her too. I guess the laboured point I'm trying to make is those employed by the DWP are only human too. They're not uncaring, just stuck with an awful straightjacket to work in....

Indeed my DWP WRAG advisor actually helped me get into the SG, she could see with her own eyes I had 2 SG descriptors from ATOS and arranged for ATOS to send further evidence to the DM. My initial impression of her was wrong when I first posted about my WRAG interview on here.

There is also the DWP manager who I was in touch with following my complaint made last year to the ICE, eg. I was wrongly been asked for sick notes even tho I was on long term IB and she got that fixed for me.

But no-one's going to employ you; as you might be a health and safety hazard... They're also going to want someone who is reliable and won't keep phoning in sick.

You know that, I know that, the whole damn world will probably know that, but who cares - if that's what they want me to do for the next 18 months until I reach 65, i pity anybody tasked with the job of even getting me an interview!!